Keith Richard Telecaster ~Micawber~ (not quite, inspired by)

And I hate doing 3 posts in a row :p

Does anybody know of an inexpensive 3 brass saddle tele bridge? I'm looking at the Fender one from Musician's Friend.

Max said:

Does anybody know of an inexpensive 3 brass saddle tele bridge? I'm looking at the Fender one from Musician's Friend.
Do a search on google or something .....

Max said:

Max said:

I would choose the the Warmoth one if it had brass saddles, and I feel those are necessary :p
I found a Wilkinson Compensated Bridge on guitarfetish. Any opinions on the bridge and company?

I have the Gotoh Tele bridge done by W.  Love it.  I don't know what else you are looking for.  What color are you looking for?  I suspect chrome, "sigh," I wouldn't be able to help you.

Good on ya.  I'd rather have the Gotoh.  But, the Wilkie is cheaper than the Gotoh.  :icon_thumright:

Well, only 3 pieces left!

I bought all of the rest of the parts last night except for the ferrules (which someone said they will send over to me  :rock-on: ) and the pickups, which I will need to work hard to afford (fralins, I've chosen)

I also decided to buy a on/on switch. I'm going to wire this up to bypass the volume and tone controls, so it should work as almost a lead switch, but possibly a mega-tone switch.
Any opinions on that? I thought it would be nice, since some people only put a volume knob to not change the tone, so my thoughts were that no pots should give the pickups as much tone as possible. I think/hope. Either way, if I really don't like it, a new control plate is all that's needed.

Max- For your on/on switch plan, I think you may have the same idea as I did for a switch I am going to have on the Sorceress.  I want a double throw toggle switch- one position will be the tone and volume as normal, and the other position will bypass both.  So in essence it will create two presets that i can switch back and forth on in a nanosecond... also it will allow for a killswitch effect if i turn the volume control all the way down.  I'm putting it between the tele tone and volume on the body.

I hadnt heard of anyone else doing that - i think it is the best idea around.  I had questions whether people thought that the tone/volume bypass side of the switch should have a capacitor to give slight resistance at all?  has anyone ever done this before?

Cool! Actually, I thought up the idea...

because I found switches.

:p We have a good amount of micellanious electronics around my house, and I was thinking of different layouts for a control panel. I considered coil tapping, putting something out of phase, etc..

But I didn't want to buy an even more expensive humbucker, since the fralin I'm going to order is already $120.

Max said:
Cool! Actually, I thought up the idea...

because I found switches.

:p We have a good amount of micellanious electronics around my house, and I was thinking of different layouts for a control panel. I considered coil tapping, putting something out of phase, etc..

But I didn't want to buy an even more expensive humbucker, since the fralin I'm going to order is already $120.

For that price, that pickup better play the guitar for you.  I don't think I'd ever pay $120 for a pickup.

I heard some really good things about Fralin PAF's, so I thought they would be good.

Really, since I haven't bought pickups, SD's are still an option, as is everything else.

Max said:
I heard some really good things about Fralin PAF's, so I thought they would be good.

Really, since I haven't bought pickups, SD's are still an option, as is everything else.

I personally am a DiMarzio fan, and more recently, a Rio Grande fan.

So, I thought I'd go back to the RG site, and look around.
So, the price for the buffalobucker, the one with a lower output and more vintage sound, is $130; a bit more expensive than the fralin. If anyone here has tried both, or even just one, please share your opinion.

The tele singles are $76, which is $4 shy of the fralins. Again, opinions most welcome.

Seymour duncan 'buckers are a bit more on the affordable side, but the pickups are the part I want to be the pickiest about.

Oh, btw, a possible rig, probably in a few months around my birthday (december).
Epiphone Valve Junior
Big Muff Pi
Digitech Wammy pedal
This thing that I'm building
Maybe an equalizer

Max said:
HB neck, Single Tele bridge. Nothing else is specific yet.

May I suggest a DiMarzio 36th Anniversary PAF for the neck slot?  I can't comment for the bridge as my only experience there is a Tone Zone T, and I do not think that is the sound you want.

Back