Keith Richard Telecaster ~Micawber~ (not quite, inspired by)

Max said:
Can you describe the sound from the Dimarzio PAF?
And price, if you remember it?

I'm going to refer you to another site.  www.dimarzioforum.com  From what I have heard about this pickup, it should fit the bill for the neck slot of your tele.  Buddroyce, the forum administrator at the the dimarzio site should be able to help you further.  He's a great guy and he loves the 36th anniversary PAF. 

The price is about $75.  Far cheaper than $120, and my guess is every bit as good.

It is being considered now.

Just for my own confort, has anybody here used it?
I think the folks here may be a bit less biased.

Max said:
It is being considered now.

Just for my own confort, has anybody here used it?
I think the folks here may be a bit less biased.

DiMarzio forum is not run by DiMarzio.  The guy who runs it, Budd Royce, does so out of his own free will.  He is independent of DiMarzio, hence, the only bias is taste.

Hopefully soon.. Grain filling is taking longer than expected.
Oh, and the parts are shipped (sans pickups)

Also, school projects are intruding my break, and school's starting up in a week. I'll try to keep progress going, though.

Max, I created a thread at the DiMarzio forum in your honor.  You can follow it, or join and participate:  http://www.dimarzioforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=745.0

DocNrock said:
The price is about $75.  Far cheaper than $120, and my guess is every bit as good.

75 for one with a nickel cover? that would be a great deal...

I recently put a SD '59 in my parker and it sounds sweeeeeeet. This guitar has never sounded like this before. You can't go wrong with one of these. They're $90 new (for the ones with the cover). I wouldn't hesitate to get a used one (which is what I did with mine - got it from someone here).

hey Doc - maybe you know a good spot to get one of these but I can't find one with a nickel cover for less than 120 - - all I can find so far is for 129.95-130.

GoDrex said:
hey Doc - maybe you know a good spot to get one of these but I can't find one with a nickel cover for less than 120 - - all I can find so far is for 129.95-130.

My bad, I guess.  I was looking at one without a cover.

http://relicaster.com/Keith%20Richards%20Telecaster/Keith%20Richards%2078%20fender%20telecaster.htm --  nice looking dupe of the original

249-4941_IMG.JPG

So, how everything is standing:
Looks like I'm going to be buying a Dimarzio PAF 36th Anniversary.
Also seems like I'm getting a Fralin for the bridge. Maybe overwound slightly.

Also, does anybody here have an extra top hat switch tip laying around? I prefer them to the barrel tips that warmoth carries, but I bought the barrel because I was ordering a lot of other stuff.

I say you forget about Kieth Richards, he's not much of a player anyway. More of a strummer, and go for the Billy Gibbons look.....
1teefslayer.gif

Billy%20Gibbons%20Guitar.gif

I love the gospel according to the Reverend Billy F., but Keef not much of a player?  Come on, time to put Exile on through some quality headphones and go to school for tone and the idea that some times less is more, and sometimes less is the most. 

guitlouie said:
I love the gospel according to the Reverend Billy F., but Keef not much of a player?  Come on, time to put Exile on through some quality headphones and go to school for tone and the idea that some times less is more, and sometimes less is the most. 
Rev. Billy is a player, in Keef's situation less is all his brain can handle. Ya he's got his own sound and tone, and on occasion he comes up with a good riff or two but it's boring after awhile. I reserve the right to be bias about Billy, he's from Texas.....

Biggest dissapointment in my (concert related) life.... Rolling Stones in Wembley arena in '89 or '90
They sucked so hard! never seen such a bad performance !

btw, this guy had since the early 60s to rehearse and improve his playing, and he still sucks!

sorry... and it's ok, you can hate my favorite guitarists :)

Here's something:
:p I'm not Keith Richards. If he strums, who says I do? I like how his guitar looks, and I'm confident I will like how mine sounds. Even if he isn't the best player, that doesn't mean his guitar isn't good.

Max, another input from a guy who claims to be a "Keef Deciple" at the DiMarzio Forum suggested the Twang King for the bridge in your build.  See the thread.  This is not my area of pickup knowledge.

Back