Keith Richard Telecaster ~Micawber~ (not quite, inspired by)

Chrome's awesome. I don't want to seem like someone who came here just to get free stuff, though...

Although it would be most appreciated. Anything, even pots, switches, and wires would be appreciated.

Max (the artist formerly known as Mor Paul) said:
Chrome's awesome. I don't want to seem like someone who came here just to get free stuff, though...

Although it would be most appreciated. Anything, even pots, switches, and wires would be appreciated.
I made some that nobody bought and they're just taking up space, but for a good cause it's no problem. Just pm me your address, I'm making one for Shane either tomorrow or Tues, and can mail it out to ya when I mail his.....

Much, much appreciated, Doug!

Updated need list:
~Stuff to get~
chrome neck screws [$2.60]
Fender Vintage telecaster bridge plate [$8.99]
Fender Vintage Telecaster bridge saddles [$19.99]
chrome ferrules [$6.96]
black pickguard [$25.00]
chrome pickguard screws [$3.00]
Schaller chrome strap locks [$12.00]
chrome control plate [$10.00]
(bridge) Vintage '54 SD tele bridge (ebay) [$58.00]
(neck) Bridge '59 SD Humbucker (covered, nickel) (ebay) [90.00]
Stew-mac wiring kit [$24.14]
Tele input cup [$4.00]
2 chrome, flat top tele knobs [$3.25 each]
chrome string retainer [$2.30]

Once again, unneeded stuff or better prices would be extremely appreciated.

I've got a Gibson Burstbucker 2 for sale on Ebay, right now it's going for $25, that's going to be a real close approximation to the SD 59 neck pup I'd imagine. Nickel cover with just very slight oxidation. Finishes tomorrow afternoon though.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=290242564960

What comes in that Stew Mac wiring kit for 24 bucks?  Does it come with pots and caps, as well? 

And, what did you decide about a Floyd Rose?

???Floyd Rose? I don't remember saying anything about a floyd rose..

The only internal debate I was having about the bridge was between a 52-style 3 saddle bridge and a Keith Richards-esq 6 saddle bridge. (I chose the 3 saddle).

Wiring_Kit_for_Telecaster.jpg

1 - Output jack
2 - 250K pots
1 - .050µF capacitor
1 - .001µF capacitor
1 - 3-way lever switch with black barrel-style knob
12" Non-shielded guitar circuit wire, 22AWG, white
24" Non-shielded guitar circuit wire, 22AWG, black
12" Shielded guitar circuit wire, 28AWG inner conductor, black

Max (the artist formerly known as Mor Paul) said:
???Floyd Rose? I don't remember saying anything about a floyd rose..

The only internal debate I was having about the bridge was between a 52-style 3 saddle bridge and a Keith Richards-esq 6 saddle bridge. (I chose the 3 saddle).

Wiring_Kit_for_Telecaster.jpg

1 - Output jack
2 - 250K pots
1 - .050µF capacitor
1 - .001µF capacitor
1 - 3-way lever switch with black barrel-style knob
12" Non-shielded guitar circuit wire, 22AWG, white
24" Non-shielded guitar circuit wire, 22AWG, black
12" Shielded guitar circuit wire, 28AWG inner conductor, black

That works.  Sorry about the Floyd comment...I think that was Wana who was talking about the Floyd.

Okay, no problem.

Before I started seriously thinking about guitar building, I wanted to get a SAGA LP kit and paint it black, and have chrome hardware and a floyd rose :p

Now I know there's more.

Awesome! When this thing's done, I'm gonna have to put a thanks letter inside to everyone who helped.

Hold off on buying the wiring kit.  I've got plenty of pieces/parts around here.  Pots, caps, and an extra Warmoth wiring pack or two.  Besides, that kit looks like it has ceramic disc caps, which are probably the least musical of all cap types.  I'll pack some stuff up tomorrow for ya.  I need to take some inventory of what I have, then I'll let ya know. 

Okay. Just tell me how much you want for the stuff, and I'll see when I can get the money.

I've got a while anyways, I'm going to buy electronics last, since they aren't needed until the end.

~Stuff to get~
chrome ferrules [$6.96]
black pickguard [$25.00]
Stew-mac wiring kit [$24.14]
Tele input cup [$4.00]

Once again, unneeded stuff or better prices would be extremely appreciated.

Max said:
Okay. Just tell me how much you want for the stuff, and I'll see when I can get the money.

I've got a while anyways, I'm going to buy electronics last, since they aren't needed until the end.

Consider this a "pay it forward."  You won't owe me anything.  These are just parts taking up space, anyway.  Just when you have something extra lying around, send it off to someone else.  :icon_thumright:

Thanks tons!

~Stuff to get~
chrome ferrules [$6.96]
black pickguard [$25.00]
Tele input cup [$4.00]

*EDIT* A telecaster headstock decal would be awesome. vintage 50's style [$20 from http://decaljoe.com/Telecaster_Joe.htm (1950's, silver)

I have 11 chrome pickguard screws doing nothing...

you've got tuners already?

Pickguard screws would be awesome. :D
No tuners yet, but I've got someone going to sell some to me for $15.

Max said:
*EDIT* A telecaster headstock decal would be awesome. vintage 50's style [$20 from http://decaljoe.com/Telecaster_Joe.htm (1950's, silver)

Why not go for one of the metal Warmoth decals?  I personally think they are much cooler than an OEM sticker. 

Max said:
Pickguard screws would be awesome. :D
No tuners yet, but I've got someone going to sell some to me for $15.

OK - I just asked because I have a set of Fender tuners from my MIM strat that are never going to do anything. They worked fine for me. If you want them let me know. If not it's cool. I can still give you some screws. I got a bunch extra when I got my mint green pickguard recently.

Back