Kashmir

mayfly said:
Here's a little utube clip.  Sorry for the overall crappy quality - I just set up my laptop and pressed 'record'.  The sound is the guitar through a vox tonelab, through a bose L1, and into the little laptop mics.  Sadly you can hear a bit of pick noise in there.

Yes, the super and two other tube amps are just looking on - not even powered up.  I think they are jealous.

The first couple of clips are clean with both pickups.  The third is dirty with just the bridge pickup.  BTW, the pickups are lollar special 't's

And note that I've got the baby monitor on!  Responsible parenting at it's best!  :evil4:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5YDaetGaS4[/youtube]
clap.gif

mayfly said:
Here's a little utube clip.  Sorry for the overall crappy quality - I just set up my laptop and pressed 'record'.  The sound is the guitar through a vox tonelab, through a bose L1, and into the little laptop mics.  Sadly you can hear a bit of pick noise in there.

Yes, the super and two other tube amps are just looking on - not even powered up.  I think they are jealous.

The first couple of clips are clean with both pickups.  The third is dirty with just the bridge pickup.  BTW, the pickups are lollar special 't's

And note that I've got the baby monitor on!  Responsible parenting at it's best!  :evil4:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5YDaetGaS4[/youtube]

You've got awesome stage presence and you're all by yourself!  The guitar turned out GREAT!!!  :icon_thumright:

GearBoxTy said:
You've got awesome stage presence and you're all by yourself!  The guitar turned out GREAT!!!  :icon_thumright:

Yeah, when I saw the video, what impressed me more than the finish, or even the sound of the guitar was how happy Mayfly was playing it. However much he paid to create that guitar was worth it.

Hey - I'm all about the cheap stage moves!  :guitarplayer2:

Thanks for your kind words everyone!

So I've never done this before....

... but I just spent the past hour playing in front of a mirror  :icon_biggrin:

Cool man, looks like you were having fun.  That's what its all about.  Oh, and nice chops, too.  :icon_thumright:

mayfly said:
So I've never done this before....

... but I just spent the past hour playing in front of a mirror  :icon_biggrin:

I do it all the time.  :laughing7:

So maybe I'm a little late jumping on board this thread, but that guitar is so cool! I saw a pink paisley tele a few days ago at a local music store, and it didn't look half as good as Kashmir. I hope this will inspire lots of people on here to try some more unconventional things like this. Get those gears a-turning!

And mayfly, that stuff about the soul escape is so very true!

Back