JULY GUITAR/BASS of the MONTH: OWNER FINISHED-WINNER

who should win

• Total voters
Superlizard said:
Marko said:
if new accounts were created in the last couple of days, there should be more here:

4 over the past 2 days, not including yours..

also note, the ones with the web links attached to them are spammers.. (and yes a lot of spammers register everyday!!!!  :eek:)

Fullscreencapture79201080920PM.jpg

Aside from the spam bots who register, there's a slew of recent users registered with 0 posts over the last week and prior.

Anyhoo, pointing out the obvious.  Ain't my gig; DRMACO calls the shots.

Just for the record, when I logged in as 'testes' (LOL) and clicked on this topic, I could have easily voted, even though
my SL acct already did.  But I chose not to.
This could be prevented, other forums I'm on recognize your log in from the IP address from your computer. You can only register once from that address, but you can log in as another user from that address. I tested it out, cause I got banned from one of them and tried to register as a new member with a different email and it wouldn't let me...But I can log in on my brothers acct's... :dontknow:

Marko said:
Only you could come up with this and actually worry about it... and I thought you didn't care about the popularity contest ?

Not put you aluminum foil hat back on!

Dude, this contest was going fine until the very end.  Then it reeked of (insert your favorite fish).

Do I really care deep, deep down?  No.  I didn't even enter.  But I don't like seeing BS, and I'll call it when I see it.

And if anything, the extending time thing was a poor choice and doesn't help with the clean image in the least.

I think it's important people realize the capabilities (good or bad) here as well.

DangerousR6 said:
This could be prevented, other forums I'm on recognize your log in from the IP address from your computer. You can only register once from that address, but you can log in as another user from that address. I tested it out, cause I got banned from one of them and tried to register as a new member with a different email and it wouldn't let me...But I can log in on my brothers acct's... :dontknow:

Right - aside from the ability to cheat or seem like another person who agrees with your statements (LOL), this is definitely
a weakness in security for the BBS, and as I've shown can be easily abused.  Even if it does track your posts by IP, you still
can have as many aliases as you want; just need e-mail addys.

As well, with the sites you mention, you can still use IP spoofers to make the BBS see a different IP (and therefore allow another alias).

Marko said:
if new accounts were created in the last couple of days, there should be more here:

4 over the past 2 days, not including yours..

Fact is, said accounts don't even have to be new... they just need to exist.

I could simply (this is entirely theoretical, because I'm not a POS) pull out that old alias account I created a year and vote to turn the tide.

Perhaps a better way to vote then (knowing how easy it is to cheat) is to actually post your vote.  Then we know who's responsible for the vote, and
if they're a regular.

Oh and don't mind me - I deal with this crap all the time; it's what I do for a living (Systems Admin for major U).   :icon_jokercolor:

I'm not worried about it.  Shenanigans or no, life is too short for me to worry about some poll on an internet forum. 

Would it be cool if i won? Sure, it'd be rad. 
Am i going to get my ass handed to me in this tiebreaker vote?  I have a feeling that might happen.

I absolutely do not think that Mayfly had anything to do with "the comeback".

I still think the coolest way to end this would be a tie, we could photoshop a pic of the JM and the XII together, perhaps laying pool-side, ocean-side, or wetland-side.    :laughing7:

Ultimately, i didn't build this guitar so that i could have it displayed on this forum for a few weeks (though that would admittedly be pretty cool).  I built it because i had dreamed about owning a left-handed seafoam green jazzmaster (sorry Cagey) since i was a boy, and thanks to Warmoth, i was able to make that a reality.

Now if you'll excuse me, i need to go refresh my browser every 30 seconds for the next 48 hours...  :icon_jokercolor:

jalane said:
I'm not worried about it.  Shenanigans or no, life is too short for me to worry about some poll on an internet forum. 

Well put!  and contest or no, congratulations on a very fine guitar!  :eek:ccasion14:

Superlizard said:
DangerousR6 said:

Right - aside from the ability to cheat or seem like another person who agrees with your statements (LOL), this is definitely
a weakness in security for the BBS, and as I've shown can be easily abused.  Even if it does track your posts by IP, you still
can have as many aliases as you want; just need e-mail addys.

As well, with the sites you mention, you can still use IP spoofers to make the BBS see a different IP (and therefore allow another alias).

I am sure that there are some immature persons that would make up a dupe account to screw with a poll.. but I think we know most of the contestants well enough to know that they wouldn't do that.. (btw Luke, I voted for you 8 times, just like we discussed! now pay me back in Oranjebooms!)

mayfly said:
jalane said:
I'm not worried about it.  Shenanigans or no, life is too short for me to worry about some poll on an internet forum.  

Well put!  and contest or no, congratulations on a very fine guitar!  :eek:ccasion14:

We are flipping out on somethings that really doesn't even matter, the guitar you built is (more than likely) for your self-enjoyment, if you like it, it doesn't matter what some people on an internet forum think.

Holy befreaking crap! Are you guys arguing over cheating and fake accounts and such for a GoTM poll!? ??? :tard:

You get your guitar graphic in the top corner for a month, and the small bragging rights that come with winning. If anyone is willing to cheat for that, they've got way to much time on their hands to waste for a simple fun poll. It's not like there's money at stake here, it's all just for fun. :tard:

BTW, SuperLizard, I rarely agree with you, but a wholehearted +1 to your new signature!
This is the adult Unofficial Warmoth forum... the kiddie version can be found on Facebook.

a little smudge can make that lil logo disappear easy enough.

Great work to all parties that submitted a guitar this month!

Look Ma, no logos!

*edit - didn't see someone beat me to it.  :laughing11:
I thought of making three logos and making it an animooted gif, but that's too much work for me.

Biggus Pickus said:
I say both won GOTM. /thread

+1. i was trying to find a good picture of two guitars cut straight down the middle next to each other. that would be cool. could use the control side of both since one it a lefty and the other is a righty

Rouse said:
line6man said:
AutoBat said:
15 to 15 when I voted,
I shooped up a possible corner pic.

No Fender logos...

There we go  :icon_thumright:

Dude,

You cannot change someones baby just to meet another persons wacked out vision of how their guitar should be.  Let the logo be...
If that's the case, let's make that Jazzmaster a rightie.  :icon_tongue:

Black Dog said:
Rouse said:
line6man said:
AutoBat said:
15 to 15 when I voted,
I shooped up a possible corner pic.

No Fender logos...

There we go  :icon_thumright:

Dude,

You cannot change someones baby just to meet another persons wacked out vision of how their guitar should be.  Let the logo be...
If that's the case, let's make that Jazzmaster a rightie.  :icon_tongue:

No, AFAIK, it's a legal issue.
Warmoth can't show a guitar with a Fender logo on it.

Back