JULY GUITAR/BASS of the MONTH: OWNER FINISHED-WINNER

who should win

• Total voters
Death by Uberschall said:
DangerousR6 said:
At this point I don't think it really matters, looks like the jazzmaster is going to take the win.... :dontknow:

Sorry mang, I tried again.  :sad: :eek:ccasion14:
I know..I don't get it... but c'est la vie
:dontknow:

going to leave it up one more day...97 votes so far...best turnout yet! :headbang1:

DMRACO said:
going to leave it up one more day...97 votes so far...best turnout yet! :headbang1:

Yeah, I don't think we've ever had this many votes before.

I hope we can reach over a hundred before closing.

DesmoDog said:
Damn, I guess I should have taken pics of my strat next to the swamp, er, wetlands in our back yard? No wonder I didn't win!

Well there are wetlands between my place and the beach so maybe I can up the ante and get both..... :laughing7:

line6man said:
DMRACO said:

Yeah, I don't think we've ever had this many votes before.

I hope we can reach over a hundred before closing.

99 and mayfly is gaining....just to be FAIR...i will mark 5PM EST as the close....

Go Mayfly! ;)

To be honest, I think Jalene did a great job on that finish, however I need to give him some penalty points for not sharing the built/finishing process with us... that is half the fun!!

Marko said:
Go Mayfly! ;)

To be honest, I think Jalene did a great job on that finish, however I need to give him some penalty points for not sharing the built/finishing process with us... that is half the fun!!

I am diggin the work on that too.  I would not be caught dead playing a guitar that color but it is a great job.

Just to be clear...I am not extending this to give mayfly a chance...simply setting a deadline.  Voting has only been open since the 4th.  I ususlly like to keep the voting up over a weekend but that would be too long.

Marko said:
Go Mayfly! ;)

My bad, i was so excited to get started once everything arrived that i forgot to stop to take many pics of the finishing process.  :doh: It probably would have made for a good thread too since i made plenty of mistakes along the way.  I guess that just means i'll have to do another build soon so that i can make a proper thread for it...  :glasses9:

If i get a chance over the weekend i'll round up whatever pics i do have and make a belated post about the process

I just voted for Interstate. Nice grain pattern/wood selection! Mayfly did a great job with the art work, I just don't digg all the flowers...

jalane said:
Marko said:
Go Mayfly! ;)

My bad, i was so excited to get started once everything arrived that i forgot to stop to take many pics of the finishing process.   :doh: It probably would have made for a good thread too since i made plenty of mistakes along the way.  I guess that just means i'll have to do another build soon so that i can make a proper thread for it...   :glasses9:

If i get a chance over the weekend i'll round up whatever pics i do have and make a belated post about the process

that would be cool...that paint job looks flawless!

if you stop the vote now we could have the first co-winners.. just saying.  106 votes currently.

so it's ended in a tie?

this seems a little unfair... no offense to mayfly (or anybody else in this month's competition), but it seems like this should be ended midnight pacific time or some date set from the beginning. now the whole thing is to be decided by whoever shows up next. whoever wins will deserve it, the jazzmaster was first choice so i went with that, but mayfly's was my second. either will deserve to win, but this just seems pretty disorganized now. i realize it's not an official title to win the monthly contest so nobody's really losing out on anything except a picture on the top of the screen but still :dontknow:

JaySwear said:
so it's ended in a tie?

this seems a little unfair... no offense to mayfly (or anybody else in this month's competition), but it seems like this should be ended midnight pacific time or some date set from the beginning. now the whole thing is to be decided by whoever shows up next. whoever wins will deserve it, the jazzmaster was first choice so i went with that, but mayfly's was my second. either will deserve to win, but this just seems pretty disorganized now. i realize it's not an official title to win the monthly contest so nobody's really losing out on anything except a picture on the top of the screen but still :dontknow:

I agree...I usually set a specific time to end but the 4th of July holiday threw me for a loop.  I went to clse it at 5PM as promised and it was tied.

I think I will start a tie breaker poll and leave it up all weekend...sound good?

whoa, weird.  i'm cool with a tie, mayfly's XII was definitely cool.  i think it's pretty rad that two fender offset designs were the top vote-getters  :rock-on:

Edit: posted this before seeing DMRACO's revote suggestion

Back