JULY GUITAR/BASS of the MONTH: OWNER FINISHED-WINNER

who should win

• Total voters
DMRACO said:
Congrats to Jalane on a hard fought victory......whew...... :glasses9:

Jalane
biggusdPickus.jpg

:headbang:

Congrats on the win. I would have voted for yours, as you clearly took some time on that finish, but the guitar is backwards, and thus wrong.

I AM THE ANTI-SUPERLIZARD!

But seriously, nice axe!  (Post build pics!!)

i am happy with the tie breaker...with all the drama we still have 75 votes in just over 48 hours....it was neck and neck there for a while...two great builds....

Luke said:
Congrats on the win. I would have voted for yours, as you clearly took some time on that finish, but the guitar is backwards, and thus wrong.

I AM THE ANTI-SUPERLIZARD!

But seriously, nice axe!  (Post build pics!!)

It's got a righty bridge. :headbang:

mayfly said:
Some shots of the XII at the Cornflower Blue CD release party

34534_439235277111_527102111_5977130_3583678_n.jpg

What's up with the capo at the 1st fret?  I understand the whole vocal range aspect of using a capo, but we're talking a 1/2 step.  As a bass player, this has been my ongoing struggle with my lead singer that doesn't know what key he's in, he just slides the capo up and down the neck.  My brain thinks very well in G, E, D, and A, even C and F to an extent.  B flat maj and minor, Fm, and Gm, not so much.  A 1st fret capo or a 3rd fret played with Em/G (actual Gm) finger movement throws me off big time and renders my open strings in walking useless.

Death by Uberschall said:
Capos are for cheaters.  :icon_jokercolor:

I know that 6th finger comes in handy sometimes.  As I learn more and more songs for my acoustic act...I am amazed at the number of songs that involve/require a capo!!

DMRACO said:
Death by Uberschall said:
Capos are for cheaters.  :icon_jokercolor:

I know that 6th finger comes in handy sometimes.  As I learn more and more songs for my acoustic act...I am amazed at the number of songs that involve/require a capo!!

I'm completely sold on the capo.  It's very nice having those open strings around even when you're doing the usual barr chords.  I can get a really open ringing sound that you just can't get any other way.

Now wammy bars - those are for cheaters!
:icon_jokercolor:

Back