July 2013 Guitar of the Month Contest Submissions

sixstringsamurai said:
mullyman said:
Great Ape said:
That really is COOL! But...ummm, isn't this month's designated ''Warmoth Finished''? I feel bad even mentioning it, but...???

Actually, I believe it's Warmoth or professionally finished.
MULLY
:icon_thumright:
With either a warmoth neck OR body,
looks like the neck is vinatge tint gloss...
Meets qualifying requirements if you ask me.

Nope, the requirements are that it has a Warmoth product associated with it. The theme is the finish.
MULLY
and my competitors like to kick puppies in their free time :laughing11:

mullyman said:
Yeah, since the theme is "Warmoth/Professional finish" I'd like to start my campaign by pointing everyone to guitar #12. Every guitar in the contest has, what appears to be, just a clear finish....or tru oil. Mine has painstaking hours upon hours of taping, painting, taping, painting, taping, painting etc... Then we need to throw in the time it took to get the relic areas to be pretty much spot on to what EVH's original Frankenstein are. This was 4 months in the making. I'd also like to point out that my competitors are drunks and mess around with loose women.  :headbang:
MULLY

VOTE FOR #12 For July Guitar Of The Month!!

Geez...
Not much for self aggrandizing are you Mully...
:laughing7:
Mine was two years in though and design. I'm a lil OCD.... :tard:
Vote 8 cause 8 is GREAT (and Mine!)
:headbang1:

Oh And you should also vote for me, well, cause it's my 40th Birf'day this month, and it would be the awesomest present!

I wasn't sure about if #14 fell into Pro finished (I mean, he doesn't mention who exactly did the finish on the guitar) or Owner-Finished, but I figured the neck was finished at Warmoth.  It could technically meet the criteria for Owner Finished and Warmoth/Pro Finished for that reason, but I'm not sure.  It is a gray area.

However, I decided to let him enter this month because the whole reason we have a separate contest for owner finished stuff is to level the playing field for non-professional finishers so they don't have to have their work compared to Warmoth or Tonar.  He gains no advantage by entering into the pro contest with a non-pro finished guitar, if it was indeed not professionally finished. 

Seems that protests, rules challenges, etc... are a frequent debate in the GOM contest.  For the sake of simplicity, ever considered just making it an 'open' contest?

#14's submission was approved and posted by the board moderator.  Recalling his entry after the fact is a poor choice.  Allow #14 to remain in the contest... If you disagree, don't vote for that guitar.

We asked 100 forum members what they wanted to see more than anything else in the world...

Survey says...

5071111_460s.jpg

Sorry you didn't make the cut, but good decision anyway.

Woah. 15 entries. I'm predicting that my entry only gets 1 vote. And that's only if I don't go ahead and vote for number 8 or 10 or 14 instead.

jmavl said:
Seems that protests, rules challenges, etc... are a frequent debate in the GOM contest.  For the sake of simplicity, ever considered just making it an 'open' contest?

#14's submission was approved and posted by the board moderator.  Recalling his entry after the fact is a poor choice.  Allow #14 to remain in the contest... If you disagree, don't vote for that guitar.

I've got no problem with 14 being in there. Rock on!!
MULLY

Yep, I did a little digging around and look what I found. Proof that my competitors are not worthy to be GOTM.

See this, drugs all over the place and those two smashed out of their minds.

ozlx.jpg

These Tele's are as thick as thieves. Down on Hollywood Boulevard. What a shame!!
y3f7.jpg

These traitors hanging outside the Gibson factory. Looks like they're on steroids too.
hyxj.jpg

Need I say anything else?
41es.jpg

I think the choice is clear, fellas. There is no way you can vote with a clear conscious if you don't vote for #12.
MULLY

Wow, I had no idea I would cause such a ruckus.  Just to clear all of this up, I did all of the finish work myself so if I need to bow out of this extravaganza I totally understand. I have to say that I have enjoyed reading all of your comments and appreciate the kind words.
Since this is the first time I've done this I guess I didn't read the rules as thoroughly as I should have. Just let me know if you need to kick me to the curb and I'll enter next time it is an owner finished contest. By the way mullyman, I almost wet my pants laughing at the picture you did of the hotel room, funny stuff. Can you email me a full size version of that?

fngrpikr said:
Wow, I had no idea I would cause such a ruckus.  Just to clear all of this up, I did all of the finish work myself so if I need to bow out of this extravaganza I totally understand. I have to say that I have enjoyed reading all of your comments and appreciate the kind words.
Since this is the first time I've done this I guess I didn't read the rules as thoroughly as I should have. Just let me know if you need to kick me to the curb and I'll enter next time it is an owner finished contest. By the way mullyman, I almost wet my pants laughing at the picture you did of the hotel room, funny stuff. Can you email me a full size version of that?

FWIW, I'm totally cool having you in the voting, man. If you did all that yourself that seems pro level in my book.

As for the pic, that is the full size. Sorry, Google didn't give me much to work with.
MULLY

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
No doubt, they were all sharing dirty cables.
:laughing7:

I actually thought I would try the shotgun effect this time and enter 3 different guitars since I didn't see anything in the rules that I though opposed it. But, apparently somebody thought it was in violation in someway, or maybe just simply crass  :icon_biggrin:, cause I only see one of mine in the list.  :dontknow:

Guess I'll just have to build better guitars! :laughing7:

Good luck to everyone!  :guitarplayer2:

It is actually against the official rules to enter more than one guitar in the same month.  It's kind of buried in there in the fine print, but it's there. 

Item 4 of the full version of the official rules states, "Members may submit one instrument per month."
Dang, where is the Wyliee when he is needed?  :laughing7:
:rock-on:   

Hey, Finger Dude -

I would absolutely love it if you would stick around and post frequently, or at least post build threads. That guitar is just all kinds of....

Delicious?

:dontknow:

Yep. Stick around!

GOM said:
I wasn't sure about if #14 fell into Pro finished (I mean, he doesn't mention who exactly did the finish on the guitar) or Owner-Finished, but I figured the neck was finished at Warmoth.  It could technically meet the criteria for Owner Finished and Warmoth/Pro Finished for that reason, but I'm not sure.  It is a gray area.

However, I decided to let him enter this month because the whole reason we have a separate contest for owner finished stuff is to level the playing field for non-professional finishers so they don't have to have their work compared to Warmoth or Tonar.  He gains no advantage by entering into the pro contest with a non-pro finished guitar, if it was indeed not professionally finished. 

That's reasonable, but then I'd suggest that in the future contests the descriptions should be "owner finished" and "open" (or whatever) to avoid this sort of confusion.

Back