July 2013 Guitar of the Month Contest Submissions

Not certain which tele you're referencing, but I recognize that my photos are weak.  Unfortunately, it's been raining for four consecutive days and natural lighting has been unavailable...  Will post better photos once there's an adequate opportunity.

As it's Altar, I'm guessing he means yours and I'll give that a +1. I'm not into the whole relic thing - even if it is just the hardware but that is really nicely done. I was going to say it looks so 'right' before noticing it has 22 frets (gasp).

Plenty of stiff competition though - not least from the other 2 Teles. Nice work all.

Fat Pete said:
I was going to say it looks so 'right' before noticing it has 22 frets (gasp).
I was hoping to slide that one by you... It's a neck I've had lying about for some while.  Will eventually swap it out for a vintage 21 fret quartersawn maple boatneck, at which point I'll once again be left with a bodyless neck and feeling some GAS.

14?
:guitarplayer2:
Been a busy few weeks.....
Lots of good looking work out there!

Wait...are there even enough members on this board to vote for that many guitars? :toothy12:

I know my guitar is in this now, and I hope I get a lot of votes, but I have to be totally honest here and say it's gonna be very tough for me NOT to vote for number 10. Good Lord what an immaculate looking piece of material there. Holy moley!
MULLY

I kind of love #14.  I personally would have put that pickguard on an all-black body rather than a burst, but I love that he's taken some funky old 60s pickups and old retro formica and put it to good use on a Jazzblaster with a Strat jack.  Why?  Because that's what the GAS wanted.  This is what custom guitars are all about - getting to fullfill all your weirdest and wildest guitar dreams. 

It's so cool! It's just plain WIERD. Makes you go all :tard:... And the crappy but cool burst, with the pink guard... The old pups...

I think it's got my vote. :icon_thumright:

Finger, if you're reading this, can you post a build thread? Pretty please? :toothy10:

:blob7:

hannaugh said:
I kind of love #14.  I personally would have put that pickguard on an all-black body rather than a burst, but I love that he's taken some funky old 60s pickups and old retro formica and put it to good use on a Jazzblaster with a Strat jack.  Why?  Because that's what the GAS wanted.  This is what custom guitars are all about - getting to fullfill all your weirdest and wildest guitar dreams.

:rock-on:
:guitarplayer2:

That really is COOL! But...ummm, isn't this month's designated ''Warmoth Finished''? I feel bad even mentioning it, but...???

#14 is quite cool, especially for it being a home made body. Big props on the use of the boomerang Formica.

Looks like another Tele-fest too.. :headbang:

Great Ape said:
That really is COOL! But...ummm, isn't this month's designated ''Warmoth Finished''? I feel bad even mentioning it, but...???

16gzsds.jpg

Yeah... he's right. I say we take off and nuke the thing from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Great Ape said:

Actually, I believe it's Warmoth or professionally finished.
MULLY

mullyman said:
Great Ape said:

Actually, I believe it's Warmoth or professionally finished.
MULLY
:icon_thumright:
With either a warmoth neck OR body,
looks like the neck is vintage tint gloss...
Meets qualifying requirements if you ask me.

Yeah, since the theme is "Warmoth/Professional finish" I'd like to start my campaign by pointing everyone to guitar #12. Every guitar in the contest has, what appears to be, just a clear finish....or tru oil. Mine has painstaking hours upon hours of taping, painting, taping, painting, taping, painting etc... Then we need to throw in the time it took to get the relic areas to be pretty much spot on to what EVH's original Frankenstein are. This was 4 months in the making. I'd also like to point out that my competitors are drunks and mess around with loose women.  :headbang:
MULLY

VOTE FOR #12 For July Guitar Of The Month!!

Back