Is it just me....

So we went from Tele's to Homophobes with some pickles in the middle... :tard:
what the hell happened?

Well, I like dill pickles, but never cared for sweet pickles.

I think Teles look cool. They are not comfortable for me to play, but every player is different, so if you like 'em, rock ON...  :rock-on:

GoDrex said:
Plenty of people here question the sincerity of the person starting this thread.

I don't think anyone here is actually offended by this person's opinion of a telecaster. It was just posted in such and obvious attempt to stir shite up. And it worked. I don't think anyone really got bothered until he and his partner MR. BOLD started talking about "homos."

Uh, lets see here

I sincerely thing that teles are fugly, and a single person (you) doesnt qualify as plenty of people. I also beleive in the "read before posting" thingy that it says to avoid using profanity. That being said, throwing an E at the end of a word doesnt really de-profanitize it. Also, I didnt start this thread to get a bunch of easily offended losers mad at me (cough cough hannaugh). I honestly think that the things look ridiculous and wanted to know what people see in them. Some people have answered my question, but most (a la you) have attacked me.

JohninSC said:
I honestly think that the things look ridiculous and wanted to know what people see in them.
That's fine and all, it was the homo insult and the resulting argument that got to me.

Bread and butter pickles are great on a turkey and swiss cheese sandwich.  Mmmm.  I like to eat that when I am playing my Tele and talking to my gay friends.

Wyliee,
WHY? did you move this thread and not just delete it?
What a terrible waste of webspace this is turning into.

Let's cut the BS:

The funny thing is that there was zero political discussion going on here, yet people still managed to get "offended" and argue.

Thus proving that it isn't the subject content, but the "maturity" of the people involved.

We could sit here and ban certain topics all day long... believe me, someone here is gonna get all "offended" no matter what.  Someone's gonna inadvertently insult someone else's favorite guitar player, the amp they use, the pickups they use... doesn't matter.  And then they'll get all butt-hurt and upset, and go cry to the mods.

How you handle stuff is what matters... grow up.

my Dad (who's wisdom gets better by the year) used to always say that old saying "don't talk about Religion or Politics because it always leads to an arguement" needed amended to include children or dogs.

Well...for guitarists.....you might also add body shapes.....or lot's of things for that matter.

A friend of mine told me years ago that he'd never own a tele because he thought they were ugly......well he just bought a thinline last month.

line6man said:
Wyliee,
WHY? did you move this thread and not just delete it?
What a terrible waste of webspace this is turning into.

This thread certainly has several nails in its coffin.  I would agree, in principle, the contents are not in keeping with the intent of Unofficial Warmoth.  It would be my preference to see the members of this community self-manage before deleting it. Thus, the thread was moved to Off Topic and out of the mainstream.  If it continues the downhill slide, it will be deleted.

There are folks that consider trolling or arguing for the sake of arguing a recreational hobby.  That is not what this board is about.  Unofficial Warmoth is one of the more positive and helpful boards on the 'net.  Disagreements and differences of opinion are bound to happen in any gathering, but we don't need to sling mud in order to be heard.  Let's keep it constructive.

David said:
Bread and butter pickles are great on a turkey and swiss cheese sandwich.  Mmmm.  I like to eat that when I am playing my Tele and talking to my gay friends.

I think everyone should have happy friends...

I like my tele.. I want to build another.. just saying.

"I bet you're gay!" "No I'm not..."

Great movie. :laughing7:

No hair metal teles??? What about Mick Mars in the Girls video??? I've seen Tom Kiefer of Cinderella with a 50's tele plenty of times??? Poison once or twice???

ricky_kodadek said:
No hair metal teles??? What about Mick Mars in the Girls video??? I've seen Tom Kiefer of Cinderella with a 50's tele plenty of times??? Poison once or twice???

We've been over this, there's a picture of Mick Mars earlier in the thread.

Anyway the Tele shape is just a body shape like any other.  (Well, it's older than most.)  Some people like it and some don't.  If you don't like it don't buy one!  :headbang1:

Back