Is it just me....

No, it's just you.

S6300142-2.jpg

And I just remembered that Mr. Page used/uses a Tele quite frequently... that's more than enough to wash the nasty Springstain factor off of Teles.

I'd play one, but you won't see me rushing out to get one.  I'm a Strat man, man.

David said:
hannaugh said:
mayfly said:
Marko said:
I don't like pickles.... :tard:

I do, and I also like jam.

Mmmm... pickles.  Only the dill ones though, I don't do that bread and butter madness.

Hey, I thought we were talking about pickles!  I love Bread and Butter pickles.  They are the best thing happen to pickles since the sliced pickle.

I don't want a pickle.  I just wanna ride on my motorsickle.

After seeing this thread, I had to wonder if other forums that I frequent were merged with these.  Since it's already become +Jaun glory, I will feed the trolls and honestly say that the Tele is the most perfect guitar out there.  Plank of wood, no BS.  Also, my baby blue Tele is always the one the women want to hold after the fact, just sayin.

-Mark

As for prince with his tele. and being reminded of the 80s etc.
Prince has CHOPS man.. I wish i could play as well as him.
AND he's a warmoth user.  So everything he does aside from the orgasm squeals on stage is cool by me.

what's wrong with orgasm squeals? :icon_scratch: :laughing7:

When I was younger and dumber I used to say that I wouldn't date a girl if she wasn't into Prince. Of course I didn't really mean it, but it certainly did help if she was hehehe ;)

btw - Prince is a Warmoth user? Really? Never heard that before.

For me the perfect Tele is a thinline, no F hole, with a strat neck and and strat pick up in the neck position.  If it doesn't have a tele bridge then it is not a tele, in my opinion.

hannaugh said:
JohninSC said:
John 5 is a homo who wears girl makeup on half his face, i feel absolutely no fear of him whatsoever
Also, I don't drink, so the wine thing isnt the best comparison

Hmm... so you're a homophobic dude who doesn't drink, hates Telecasters, has very little experience with guitars, and has nothing better to do than pick fights with a bunch of really nice people in our lovely forum.  You sound pretty closed-minded.  I don't think I like you.

And by the way, everyone knows that wine gets better with age.  I don't drink wine because it upsets my stomach, but I think I've known about the vintage wine reputation since I was a small child.  

You say that as if it's a "bad thing".  And why does he have to be "nice' but you don't?  What you just said wasn't very "nice".
There is NO SUCH word (in the English language) as "homophobic".  It is a completely made-up word that homosexuals invented to insult people who happen to disagree with that particular lifestyle.  The word "homo" means SAME, and the word "phobia" means fear of.  I am not "afraid of the same", and neither is anyone who disagrees with homosexuality.  They have also perverted the word "gay", which has ALWAYS meant happy and care-free. They use that word now as a euphemism to make what they do sound not so disgusting or offensive.

I am not here to bash homosexuals (or anyone else). I am here to discuss all facets of electric guitars, primarily building custom guitars...

JohninSC said:
hannaugh said:
JohninSC said:
John 5 is a homo who wears girl makeup on half his face, i feel absolutely no fear of him whatsoever

Hmm... so you're a homophobic dude who doesn't drink, hates Telecasters, has very little experience with guitars, and has nothing better to do than pick fights with a bunch of really nice people in our lovely forum.  You sound pretty closed-minded.  I don't think I like you.

And by the way, everyone knows that wine gets better with age.  I don't drink wine because it upsets my stomach, but I think I've known about the vintage wine reputation since I was a small child.  

Gotta love how people who think of themselves as "tolerant" are intolerant of who they view as "intolerant"..........a bit hypocritical

That is 100% true. You're supposed to "tolerate" whatever they put in front of your face (or in your ears), but they don't have to tolerate your opinions or values...
:dontknow:

T.L. said:
hannaugh said:
JohninSC said:

You say that as if it's a "bad thing".  And why does he have to be "nice' but you don't?  What you just said wasn't very "nice".
There is NO SUCH word (in the English language) as "homophobic".  It is a completely made-up word that homosexuals invented to insult people who happen to disagree with that particular lifestyle.  The word "homo" means SAME, and the word "phobia" means fear of.  I am not "afraid of the same", and neither is anyone who disagrees with homosexuality.  They have also perverted the word "gay", which has ALWAYS meant happy and care-free. They use that word now as a euphemism to make what they do sound not so disgusting or offensive.

I am not here to bash homosexuals (or anyone else). I am here to discuss all facets of electric guitars, primarily building custom guitars...

Seriously, you want to have this discussion? I vote we don't, because nothing good will come from it. It's more destructive than "discussing" politics or religion, in my slim experience...

T.L. said:
They have also perverted the word "gay", which has ALWAYS meant happy and care-free. They use that word now as a euphemism to make what they do sound not so disgusting or offensive.
Let's really not go there. About 20 of my friends would offend you.

Oh, and Tele's ftw!

EDIT: about 21

kboman said:
T.L. said:
hannaugh said:
JohninSC said:

Seriously, you want to have this discussion? I vote we don't, because nothing good will come from it. It's more destructive than "discussing" politics or religion, in my slim experience...

I'm not the one who brought it up in the first place. I simply stated a FACT. I'm perfectly content to let it end here, but I can debate with the best of them, so either way is fine with me...

The word "homo" IS a derogatory word, and he was OBVIOUSLY using it as an insult.  I have tons of gay friends who would be offended. 

It is one thing to not agree with the gay lifestyle, it's another thing to be an a**hole to people because it's not your thing.  In fact, that other thing is called homophobia, which is also a word.  And even if it was not a word, it still exists.  And if you don't believe it exists, I suggest you google Matthew Shepard, the pink triangle, or just "homophobia" or "gay bashing" in general.  You'll see what happens when homophobes decide to have a little fun.   

Peace the eff out. 

T.L., you just dropped the bomb on everyone in this thread! I love how he keeps hating on me saying that I call other people mean names and am an a-hole.......but he does that by calling me names and being an a-hole himself.

Anyway, back to the thread........pretty much everyone here is saying how they love their tele, but not responding at all to my saying that they are ugly. I was wondering what aesthetically attracts everyone to them, other than the fact that so and so uses them.

hannaugh said:
The word "homo" IS a derogatory word, and he was OBVIOUSLY using it as an insult.  I have tons of gay friends who would be offended. 

It is one thing to not agree with the gay lifestyle, it's another thing to be an a**hole to people because it's not your thing.  In fact, that other thing is called homophobia, which is also a word.  And even if it was not a word, it still exists.  And if you don't believe it exists, I suggest you google Matthew Shepard, the pink triangle, or just "homophobia" or "gay bashing" in general.  You'll see what happens when homophobes decide to have a little fun.   

Peace the eff out. 

"Homophobia" is NOT a word...PERIOD. I already explained that in an earlier thread...

Back