Is it just me....

Not a big fan of the tele either, but damnnnn.  What a bad question to ask on this board.....

Not a very good way to make friends and influence people around here...

For what it's worth, I hated tele's most of my guitar playing life. Until I bought one, actually bought 2 at the same. And I love 'em both and since have become a tele fan, but I must say that I'm not a fan of the traditional tele nor the headstock. But the tele does look and sound good in various avenues of change from the traditional. So  :rock-on: Tele  :rock-on:

And I must say to you JohninSC...John 5 would bitch slap you if he had seen your post.....
slap.gif

JohninSC said:
Anywho, i dont get the whole nostalgic thing. Teles are old. You wouldn't want a T.V. from the 60's, why would you want a guitar?
Okay, let's not use guitars from the 60's.

But... what about 50s?
If we're excluding those two decades, we don't have strats, LPs, teles, sg's, etc... We have...

Deans. :tard:

And I didn't love teles until this board. Then I tried some (I don't normally try ugly guitars, but then... they became beautiful). I love the sound much more than a strat. There's more substance in it. It can be an acquired taste, but once you get one...
You'll understand.

John 5 is a homo who wears girl makeup on half his face, i feel absolutely no fear of him whatsoever
Also, I don't drink, so the wine thing isnt the best comparison

JohninSC said:
John 5 is a homo who wears girl makeup on half his face, i feel absolutely no fear of him whatsoever
If that's all you can see of John 5, then I think you need to put your guitar in it's case and sell it on Ebay....

JohninSC said:
I used to think they were ugly and very not-rock-enouch and I coudln't understand why so many of my idols played them.  Mostly because of the shape of the headstock. I thought it looked like the profile of a foot.

To me, the headstock looks like manparts

[/quote]
The Tele is NOT the ugliest guitar body imaginable. The Gibson SG is.
[/quote]

See, now youve offended me. I love my sg. It looks like it has bison horns or something. I will admit though, it does look like it has a big black lady booty on it.
[/quote]

Didn't mean to offend...

Lucky #007 said:
Does Bruce really play a tele?  Or does he stand there and kind of half assed strum one like George Strait?

Bruce Springsteen is a hack on guitar....

JohninSC said:

Hmm... so you're a homophobic dude who doesn't drink, hates Telecasters, has very little experience with guitars, and has nothing better to do than pick fights with a bunch of really nice people in our lovely forum.  You sound pretty closed-minded.  I don't think I like you.

And by the way, everyone knows that wine gets better with age.  I don't drink wine because it upsets my stomach, but I think I've known about the vintage wine reputation since I was a small child.  

JohninSC said:
Rick said:
You're narrow minded.  Your brain is the size of a pea.  You know very little about the history of guitar design, or style.  In fact, you are a troll.  Let me cast some pearls on you ...  :tard: ... aahh I feel better.

Youre barely minded. Your brain is merely a single quark. You know very little about success or life. In fact, you are a ogre. Let me cast some calcium carbonate on you.......I can do that too

Anywho, i dont get the whole nostalgic thing. Teles are old. You wouldn't want a T.V. from the 60's, why would you want a guitar?
Funny_Pictures_General_Wookie_Armor.jpg

hannaugh said:
JohninSC said:

Hmm... so you're a homophobic dude who doesn't drink, hates Telecasters, has very little experience with guitars, and has nothing better to do than pick fights with a bunch of really nice people in our lovely forum.  You sound pretty closed-minded.  I don't think I like you.

And by the way, everyone knows that wine gets better with age.  I don't drink wine because it upsets my stomach, but I think I've known about the vintage wine reputation since I was a small child.  

Gotta love how people who think of themselves as "tolerant" are intolerant of who they view as "intolerant"..........a bit hypocritical

She said she didn't like you - is that the same thing as intolerance? Don't think so.
This whole thread is a troll thread and should be ignored - hating on telecasters is beyond pointless.

actually it is weird. initially i thought teles looked ugly. likewise with the jazzmaster - with those huge pickups.

but over a period of time the more i looked at them the more they looked good to me!

perception - who knows how it works!

now i'm waiting with bated breath for my naturally finished warmoth tele.

JohninSC said:
hannaugh said:
JohninSC said:

Gotta love how people who think of themselves as "tolerant" are intolerant of who they view as "intolerant"..........a bit hypocritical

I'm not intolerant, I just don't like your personality.  You seem totally closed off about trying new things, and you seem to like starting arguments.  Oh yeah, and you call people gay slurs if you don't like them.  What's to like there?  I'm not seeing it.  The impression I'm getting is "boring and mean".

hannaugh said:
I'm not intolerant, I just don't like your personality.  You seem totally closed off about trying new things, and you seem to like starting arguments.  Oh yeah, and you call people gay slurs if you don't like them.  What's to like there?  I'm not seeing it.  The impression I'm getting is "boring and mean".

Hey - don't feed the bears!

Just clarifying my previous statement.  Tying up loose ends before I ditch this retarded thread.

hannaugh said:
mayfly said:
Marko said:
I don't like pickles.... :tard:

I do, and I also like jam.

Mmmm... pickles.  Only the dill ones though, I don't do that bread and butter madness.

Hey, I thought we were talking about pickles!  I love Bread and Butter pickles.  They are the best thing happen to pickles since the sliced pickle.

Back