Is it just me....

I look at a Telecaster the same way I'd look at a classic car.  It may not be "stylish" by modern standards, but that's OK.  It's earned its stripes already.

The Tele weathered the music industry for a long time because its a simple, dependable and versatile workhorse that sounds great.

Volitions Advocate said:
I used to think they were ugly and very not-rock-enouch and I coudln't understand why so many of my idols played them.  Mostly because of the shape of the headstock. I thought it looked like the profile of a foot.

... Then I bought one for cheap. 

Honestly...  If you buy one. You'll love it.  Not borrow.. or play one in a store.
if you OWN one and HAVE to take care of it simply because it's one of yours... You might start to figure it out... Because I love tele's.

Also... I've never seen a Hair Metal Band play with a tele.  So I get no awful 80's images in my head when I see one... unlike when I see a Strat.

well,, I'm so sorry to burst your bubble (oh no, I'm not, but what the heck)

1195845970_k_Mars_007.jpg

Mick Mars, Motley Crue. he even had his own signature tele once

I can't seem to find good pics of other hair metal bands of that era, but I know white lion, cinderella, Poison and Ratt used tele's aswell, on a very regular basis.

I'm not much of a fan of standard Fender shapes (I prefer the Jag/Jazz shape), but the Tele is much more elegant than the str*t. Also it makes more musical sense.

You're narrow minded.  Your brain is the size of a pea.  You know very little about the history of guitar design, or style.  In fact, you are a troll.  Let me cast some pearls on you ...  :tard: ... aahh I feel better.

A few months back somebody posted exactly the same topic but it was about Les Pauls, and I've seen this topic go on about strats, too. Teles are great, though they are definitely improved by contours and a better neck pup.

Rick said:
You're narrow minded.  Your brain is the size of a pea.  You know very little about the history of guitar design, or style.  In fact, you are a troll.  Let me cast some pearls on you ...  :tard: ... aahh I feel better.
Hey! A necklace!

:toothy12:
:toothy11:
:-\
:sad1:
do-not-want-dog.jpg

Oh, and Dill pickles taste great homemade. I used to do that sometimes. Crunchy is better. Not the ones that are really green, but the ones that are white. Mmmm.

Rick said:

Youre barely minded. Your brain is merely a single quark. You know very little about success or life. In fact, you are a ogre. Let me cast some calcium carbonate on you.......I can do that too

Anywho, i dont get the whole nostalgic thing. Teles are old. You wouldn't want a T.V. from the 60's, why would you want a guitar?

JohninSC said:
Anywho, i dont get the whole nostalgic thing. Teles are old. You wouldn't want a T.V. from the 60's, why would you want a guitar?

Oh man, you just opened up the floodgates.  You might as well just run away and hide, cause you're in for an education by these fine gentlemen of the board. 

It's like asking "Why would you want a wine that is more than a year old?".   

JohninSC is just super bored today, I guess. :icon_scratch:

http://www.truveo.com/bruce-springsteen-prove-it-all-night-guitar-solo/id/3683162509

Orpheo said:
Volitions Advocate said:
I used to think they were ugly and very not-rock-enouch and I coudln't understand why so many of my idols played them.  Mostly because of the shape of the headstock. I thought it looked like the profile of a foot.

... Then I bought one for cheap. 

Honestly...  If you buy one. You'll love it.  Not borrow.. or play one in a store.
if you OWN one and HAVE to take care of it simply because it's one of yours... You might start to figure it out... Because I love tele's.

Also... I've never seen a Hair Metal Band play with a tele.  So I get no awful 80's images in my head when I see one... unlike when I see a Strat.

well,, I'm so sorry to burst your bubble (oh no, I'm not, but what the heck)

1195845970_k_Mars_007.jpg

Mick Mars, Motley Crue. he even had his own signature tele once

I can't seem to find good pics of other hair metal bands of that era, but I know white lion, cinderella, Poison and Ratt used tele's aswell, on a very regular basis.
Robin Crosby of Ratt, CC Deville Poison, Tom Keifer Cinderella....The list goes on...

I HATE the Tele body (and headstock), but I really like the aesthetic of the pickguard and plate and everything... that's why I'm building a Strat with Tele stuff on it.

Back