Introducing MayFly Effects pedals

Well, MIDI would mean having a microprocessor in the thing. Having written about 2 million lines of C++ throughout my career I'm not really that scared of a micro, but I do want to avoid it. Adding a micro means increasing complexity by an order of magnitude. And that means decreasing the reliability by about the same amount. :) That and it would make manufacturing test is a lot more than just plugging in a guitar, having to buy micros in bulk (availability is an issue, as is cashflow), and having to deal with some way to upgrade the firmware in the field (yes, bugs are a thing - even in my code :)) means it's a pretty big project.

so for now the answer is no.

@mayfly thanks, that makes a lot of sense. I was just wondering when you mentioned a microprocessor for the tremolo if you were heading in that direction.

yo that video was hecka informative, however:

- i was expecting a demo comparing a pedal done up both ways, to show that the sound difference can be negligible despite what most smd detractors claim
- I strongly suggest getting a lav mic because wow that room tone is out of control. even a cheapo one would help.
- personally i would stick to instrumental background music because sometimes the vocals were distracting from your dialog

otherwise your editing was on point, the lighting was good, and you didn't hit us a bunch of uhs and ums

Thanks man! Noted on the audio. I completely agree. The shop is very live and pretty annoying. Glad that the lighting was good: that's the shop lighting.

Regarding the uhs and ums I edited all those out! ;)

Just saw the great Jazz / Blues guitarist Lucas Haneman do a solo act at the Brookstreet hotel. He sounded like a million bucks.

IMG_20231203_193741_420 lores.jpg
Of course when you look closer you begin to realize why :)

IMG_20231203_193741_420 copy.jpg

I'm very happy for the way you are raising the profile of your excellent products and fine human support of same, Trevor. Is Lucas the fella who has done the several videos evaluating your pedals on YouTube? That dude has skills, for sure.

Thanks man!

BTW, there will be a Mayfly pedal in this year's Premier Guitar Mystery Stocking! Check it out:
Stockings are still available as of 11:00AM Pacific.

For some reason the forum software won't let me post a viable link here.

www.
premierguitar.
com/mystery-stocking-2023

I'm very happy for the way you are raising the profile of your excellent products and fine human support of same, Trevor. Is Lucas the fella who has done the several videos evaluating your pedals on YouTube? That dude has skills, for sure.
Yep that's the guy. His performance (to something like maybe 30 people) was like a full on advanced guitar lesson.

Both colors look good. Mmmmh ... three pins ... power ... midi ... miniswitch or maybe for a mic ... two different knobs ... multiple inputs ... two different stomp buttons ???? ... interesting.

Colors are good because they'll stand out on a black pedal board.

Last edited:
Back