I'm wearing a hole in Kashmir!

I also think keep it as it is , and keep playing it " un-carefully " for a true relic story .

Would Trigger be as cherished without the wear-hole in it? Would Blackie be valued the same without EC's cigarette burns at the headstock?

Come on Mayfly, you have a genuine Relic-In-Progress here, keep up the good work! If the break in the paint work worries you any, ask Tonar what would be the best lacquer to paste over the bared areas...  :rock-on:

OK!  the votes are in!  I'm just gonna play the hell out of it.

Speaking of playing the hell out of it, here's some action from this last weekend's little festival gig  :)

index.php

I'm sooo coool    :headbang:

Attachments

• IMG_3538.jpg
    IMG_3538.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 502
I'm inclined to say that it's not terribly flattering.  For the guitar that is  :)

It's not supposed to be flattering, it's catching a dynamic, emotional moment that maintains its liveliness and clarity, which is tough to do well.

Speaking of not flattering ... that hair - that facial expression.... reminds me of a certain not to be named disgraced former star of children's television. Like, a LOT.

That is one heck of a photo. No one can accuse you of not putting yourself into the music. :icon_thumright:

You would think it would be a selling point. But, I'm pretty sure all kids are embarrassed about their parents, what with them being so stupid and all.

Before I had kids, I sometimes wondered how children of celebrities viewed their parents. Now I have a four year old who thinks I'm a rock star. Just like real rock stars - you have about 10 years to make an impression, then another 10-15 before you can be cool again. 

This just in:  I've been playing this guitar pretty much exclusively since the covid thing happened.  As a result it has been sitting on a stand near a window.

As a result of that, some of the green paint is turning... gold!

index.php

Now that's kinda cool.

Attachments

• IMG_5625.JPG
    IMG_5625.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 205
Mayfly said:
This just in:  I've been playing this guitar pretty much exclusively since the covid thing happened.  As a result it has been sitting on a stand near a window.

As a result of that, some of the green paint is turning... gold!

index.php

Now that's kinda cool.
Usually it's the other way around... Let's see, your wearing holes in your guitar, it's starting to turn gold, your growing your hair longer... Yep I think we're going to have to start calling you Willie................ :headbang:

Back