I'm still around.

hannaugh

Master Member
Hey guys.  I'm still here.  I'm getting real internet on Tuesday, so I should be around more.  Right now I'm on my husband's laptop because we can only get wireless that we mooch off the neighbor, and my desktop doesn't have a wireless card.  But Tuesday we'll have our own connection.  Later, dudes!

Hey - just came from a show at the Ottawa Blues fest and there was this girl singing some great songs and playing this Blue LP that was just like yours!

You and your guitar looked pretty good up there Hannaugh!  :icon_jokercolor: :headbang1:

I can always count on you guys to take it to "that place".  :laughing7:

Why yes, I was in Ottowa kicking ass on guitar... yes, I swear that was me and I wasn't working at the comic book store in So Cal that day...

hannaugh said:
I can always count on you guys to take it to "that place".   :laughing7:

Why yes, I was in Ottowa kicking ass on guitar... yes, I swear that was me and I wasn't working at the comic book store in So Cal that day...

wait a minute.... :icon_scratch:

hannaugh said:
I can always count on you guys to take it to "that place".   :laughing7:

Seriously though, does it feel weird saying, "my husband?"  At my wedding reception, I was wearing it out.  "Where is my wife?"  "Have you met my wife?"  "This is my wife."

I tend to introduce my wife to people by her first name.  I feel weird when she tells people i'm her husband.  Not like ashamed weird. I guess I'm just not used to it.

Yeah, it was wierd at the reception, but I've been married for 8 years.  Now, its just, "this is my wife, Reeta."  No biggie.

Max said:
I would think the wife getting used to her new name was even weirder :p

Who says the wife has to change names?

BTW - yea it's pretty bizarre using the wife term.  But, using the SON term is at a whole `nother level!

When my wife went to do the official name change (a separate form in Japan, where we got married), she got so weirded out they sent her home! She did a couple of tequila shots with me and went back. True story. She's much calmer now...

Max said:
It's traditional to change the name, and most people do it.

Around these parts it's not ... and most don't.  Actually over across the river in Quebec it's actively discouraged.

This has been a source of contention with me.  We've been married over 8 years after a 3+ year courtship.  We did our engagement, wedding, and marriage very old-fashioned and traditional.  I asked for my now mother-in-law's blessing before I proposed because my father-in-law died while we were dating.  I did the one knee thing with the ring.  She wore white and we had the big church wedding.  Our first day living together was when we returned from our honeymoon.  All that and her SS card still has her maiden name on it!  She had to have the ring, wedding, and honeymoon but apparently my (ahem, her) last name when we do our taxes is asking to much. :icon_scratch:

mayfly said:
Max said:
It's traditional to change the name, and most people do it.

Around these parts it's not ... and most don't.  Actually over across the river in Quebec it's actively discouraged.

thats the french, they do EVERYTHING backwards... like support a war  :laughing11:

IM NOT POSING A POLITICAL STANDPOINT NOR AM I CALLING FOR A FLAME WAR!!! ITS JUST A JOKE!

Back