I'm going to torch this thing!

I need a guitar like this :icon_thumright:

Probally just a soloist body for me though, none of those newfangled radical shapes!

stubhead said:
I first saw this on the Andreas guitars, I think they used "larch", which is a Siberian piney/birchy thing.
http://www.northernperiphery.net/managers/Library%5CProject%20Publications%5CSiblarch%5CSiblarch%20Brochure.pdf

Andreas1-1.jpg

Andreas_Fierce_new_f.jpg

Put it on the list...

I'm sorry, but that neck/headstock joint looks like a penis with a hat.
I'm not digging that huge rear route cover either.
The finish is awesome though.

I did a second burn to darken the grain and add some additional faux lines.  I also burned the edge and the corners to give it a slight “Burned Burst” effect.  
IMG_4413.jpg

IMG_4416.jpg

It looked much better and T approve so here she is stained. An added bonus; notice the flamed wood grain (not burned) between the pickup routes and running to the back of the guitar.
IMG_4421.jpg

This is exactly what I see in my re-occurring dream....
Thank you for making it reality! I am just... speechless.

Darnit Tonar!  Every time I think I am narrowing down the list of guitars I have to build, you come along with something like this, and the list starts growing again.

By the way Marko, the Python reference was not lost on everyone, heh heh heh.

So I guess I need another body, and a torch...  That would sound odd taken out of context, but nevermind...  Hmmm, a burned up surf guitar might do the trick...  Need to find a way to get some TV jones pick ups, but now that I think about it...
Patrick

Okay, who's Treebeard Trimmer? 1 hour active time, 2 posts that sound pretty sarcastic towards Tonar..

Looks great Tonar!!!

Patrick from Davis said:
By the way Marko, the Python reference was not lost on everyone, heh heh heh.

Thank God for that, I started to get a bit worried.. :icon_biggrin:
Even Max claims to be a fan, and he didn't even get it when I changed my forum name last year to "Herr Gambolputty de von Ausfern- schplenden- schlitter- crasscrenbon- fried- digger- dingle- dangle- dongle- dungle- burstein- von- knacker- thrasher- apple- banger- horowitz- ticolensic- grander- knotty- spelltinkle- grandlich- grumblemeyer- spelterwasser- kurstlich- himbleeisen- bahnwagen- gutenabend- bitte- ein- nürnburger- bratwustle- gerspurten- mitz- weimache- luber- hundsfut- gumberaber- shönedanker- kalbsfleisch- mittler- aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm "

Max said:
Okay, who's Treebeard Trimmer? 1 hour active time, 2 posts that sound pretty sarcastic towards Tonar..

when I see Beard, I think Deadhead, WGD, big hairy banned former forum member

The stain really brings it together.
It will look great cleared.

This thing has turned out so incredibly awesome. I have never seen someone with your finishing prowess tonar! :icon_thumright:

Well, in that case, welcome!

Tonar, are you trying to use your family to take over the forum? That's at least 2... :p

Max said:
Well, in that case, welcome!

Tonar, are you trying to use your family to take over the forum? That's at least 2... :p

I think it's great that Tonar has family on there.  Keeps him honest  :icon_jokercolor:

Haha. Sorry. I should actually be "Son of Tonar" just had to drop by and give the old man a hard time. I blame it on the fumes!

Tis true y’all; meet my oldest son Carson. I figured it out pretty quickly since he has been calling me treebeard when my goatee started heading for my bellybutton.   This is what happens when you send your kid to Berkley they become twisted and demented.  Or maybe it is a natural result of the gene pool.  I am actually quite proud of him! He is leaving in two week for Cranbrook to get his Masters of Art.  They only had 4 spots in the art program this year and he got selected, very prestigious!  :icon_thumright:(Now hurry up and move!!!!!!)  :evil4:

The best part is how fast Max was all over it.  Max you’re a good man coming to my defense like that; I think I’ll name a guitar after you!

Everyone else thank you for the encouraging words and especially T50 for being happy with the result.  This guitar is turning out very nice and looks even better in person!

Back