If you could add any Body/Neck Option(s) to Warmoth's selection..

Street Avenger said:
A Standard Thin neck option that tapers from .780" to .850" .

You probably won't believe me when I tell you that I was just thinking about compound radius necks the other day.
Compound Radius fingerboards... and compound back contours?... :cool01:

Ace Flibble said:
when vernacular is dictated by a search engine

As that's so inferior to the time when vernacular was defined by a book full of words that a handful of people agreed were "correct".

But I digress...

MORE SCALE CONVERSION NECKS. I won't hold out hope for a 22" scale, but I'd damn sure like to see a 24" scale that will bolt onto anything. My wrists would jump for joy.

That's about it, really. I'd like to see the options they offer be available across the entire range, but I'm not sure how many of those are due to licensing or manufacturing restrictions.

thearmofbarlow said:
MORE SCALE CONVERSION NECKS. I won't hold out hope for a 22" scale, but I'd damn sure like to see a 24" scale that will bolt onto anything. My wrists would jump for joy.

YES.

Shai`tan said:
I like to see them do a bullet trussrod CBS big headstock maple Strat neck. With a skunkstripe.

I second that!
I've always wanted to build a replica of Fender Tele Deluxe from the 70s with Warmoth neck.
But without the bullet truss rod, it's not gonna happen.

:laughing7:

file_zps9abeb851.jpg

WHAT YA MEAN ....... NOooooooooooooooo  :icon_jokercolor:

:doh:  Of cause, it needs a Floyd.  :icon_biggrin:

Oh-OH...I really like that! I'd pay serious-damn-money fer one o' them there!! And, no, I don't believe it 'needs a floyd'. OK, OK, maybe not serious money, but I'd pay with Murray's money, and I'm serious!  :icon_biggrin:

I'd like to see Warmoth offer this as a body style, to replace the Gibson-ish hollowbody. It's an Ibanez JM100 which is based on a 1981 AS200.

John+Scofield.jpg

Patriot54 said:
I'd like to see Warmoth offer this as a body style, to replace the Gibson-ish hollowbody. It's an Ibanez JM100 which is based on a 1981 AS200.

John+Scofield.jpg
Xlnt choice - I realize I haven't listened to anywhere near enough Scofield lately.

Bagman67 said:
Patriot54 said:

John+Scofield.jpg
Xlnt choice - I realize I haven't listened to anywhere near enough Scofield lately.

There's no excuse for that. I have some Scofield in my car at all times now. If you want to hear something of his funkier playing, check out the album Outbreak from Dennis Chambers - I think Scofield co-wrote and performed 2 or 3 songs on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS4bUnsOTis

Hating is so fun!  :hello2:

The SG's are made from something called "Dymondwood", thin plies of birch impregnated with epoxy and cured under pressure - in essence, it's just a solid chunk of plastic! The birch is just a matrix to hold the goo in place, and perhaps add a bit of color....

http://www.rutply.com/products/colorwood-gallery.html

There was a guy a while back named Armstrong who made some plastic guitars that Ampeg sold, our own WhiteBison created a tribute... ummm. If Keith Richards says plastic guitars are cool, you just shut yer yap.

And if some guy took a slab of wood and painstakingly pyrographically burned this design into it:

zootnatural_zps72409a6c.jpg

You'd be plotzing your Pampers and turning cartwheels* in effusive phrase over the artistry! the Talent! Oooh! Ooooh!

So it's not actually the lines you dislike, and you've never heard or played one... I, personally, strongly suspect that epoxy might make for a very solid, sustaining sort of instrument of the bright, solid, non-woody type of guitar... like aluminum? We love aluminum guitars! Why, I'll bet if you combined Dymondwood (though perhaps of a subtle, even black material), with aluminum, you'd get an instrument that would sustain like a banshee!

HOLY SMOKES!

S6300239.jpg

Wonder what that black and n alumee kind of, uh, thingie wazzzzzzzzzzzz.....

Well the one thing we can be sure of, though, those things'll sound like shrieky, atonal crap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l-hxz7GQ4M

*(note: change plotz'd Pampers before attempting cartwheels, somersaults or other artistic maneuvers of the inverted category. )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Armstrong

Though... tho... I strongly suspect that the Dymondwood SG's might be a really brilliant-sounding guitar (yep both senseS of it) Gibson did, irrevocably, universe-wide, totally, inexcusably, permanently,

PLOTZ THEIR OWN FRIG'N PAMPERS BY CALLING IT A "ZOOT SUIT" GUITAR?!?! And now I CAN'T have one.... way to go Henry, even the "Pampers of the mind" are slowly, seeping... whoa, it's around the edges THE ELASTICS FAILING THE VELCRO OHMYGOD....

glurb glurb glurb glurb

StubHead said:
Though... tho... I strongly suspect that the Dymondwood SG's might be a really brilliant-sounding guitar (yep both senseS of it) Gibson did, irrevocably, universe-wide, totally, inexcusably, permanently,

I don't know... The SG has a less-than-ideal neck joint that makes 'em kinda spongy, so they're typically pretty dead sounding. I have a recent SG-style Melody Maker here that even with a Maple body and a Mahogany neck mated to a toasted Maple fretboard, it's the deadest thing in the house. I even put some stainless steel strings on it in an effort to breathe some life into it, but no joy.

On the plus side, if I ever get the urge to play some old Black Sabbath tunes, I'm all set. Whip out the old "Master of Reality" disk and travel back to a simpler time, where two fingers were all you needed to be badass on guitar. Given enough Acapulco Gold, that is.

No stems, no seeds
That you don't need!
Acapulco Gold is some...
Badass weed!

Next you'll be singing the collected works of Blind Melon Chit'lin.

Gonna go downtown/Gonna see my gal...

hannaugh said:
Too bad about the thing with Gibson.  Warmoth could be making all of these gems:

f0441796-063e-47c6-9ad6-10f79d0202bc.jpg

I love that shape!!! But I want it without the pickguard.
And alpine white!!! :party07:

Cederick said:
hannaugh said:
Too bad about the thing with Gibson.  Warmoth could be making all of these gems:

f0441796-063e-47c6-9ad6-10f79d0202bc.jpg

I love that shape!!! But I want it without the pickguard.
And alpine white!!! :party07:

I agree. Lose that ridiculous pickguard, and it would be ok.

Back