If you could add any Body/Neck Option(s) to Warmoth's selection..

the EVH Wolfgang body. or something similar to that. an EVH stripe finish would be killer too. now, i'm not in for an electric, but i can imagine others would be excited about something like that.
evh_wolfgang_sunburst.jpg

^^It's nice of Eddie to go with a compound radius neck & stainless steel frets.
The original Frankenstein guitar has it's roots related to Warmoth (Boogie Bodies).

http://www.fender.com/series/folk/mando-strat/
This. You could make 8 string replacement necks, funky colors, pickguards, etc. I would probably buy one if they were reasonably priced.

Edit: pic.
mandostrat.png

Ace Flibble said:
Altar said:
It would be cool to not have every single showcase body routed for a trem.
Yup. I've been saying for ages, less vibratos, less 'natural binding' and less jacks. It kinda kills my enthusiasm that I have to pay a considerable sum more and wait longer, just because a particular jack style I want can only be gotten through custom orders. I appreciate the Showcase won't contain every combination of every option possible, but for a company that prides itself on its wood selection and finishes, having the item alreayd there and visible is a big deal.
Plus, I always feel like a stupid dick who's being gouged when I pay full custom order price, when there's something sat in the Showcase for half as much, just for the sake of one tiny, tiny spec change. I just don't want a 7/8 jack on my Tele bodies! I'd just like an American Standard hardtail bridge on a Strat instead of the Narrow hardtail! But nope, everything in the showcase is made the same way, so here I go, waiting months and paying an extra $150...

I agree. My personal bugbear is that every Tele body gets routed for the same bridge. I want to use an American Standard bridge - I don't like ashtrays! The only bridge I can find that fits the vintage rout, doesn't have sides, and has three saddles, is the Hipshot one - and that's stainless steel, so doesn't sound the same.

It's only a few holes, just leave them off! It's nowhere near as much work as putting a trem rout in, surely, yet there are hundreds of "your choice trem" bodies.

Altar said:
This. You could make 8 string replacement necks, funky colors, pickguards, etc. I would probably buy one if they were reasonably priced.

mandostrat.png

Huh!  That is pretty cool. 

Altar said:

mandostrat.png

yhst-86585673877939_2244_229747

This guy already makes 'em, several variations in fact.  You could build a mando-cello scale instrument with Warmoth paddle necks & omitting a bridge route, but no way they'd make a totally new neck & body pocket set for mandolin sized instruments.

I prefer this guy (since I actually have one):

MandobirdVIII_Splash.jpg

But it's safe to say that W isn't going to make this body style (even if they were to offer electric mandos).

You guys are getting me excited!

'Sleepy Hollowbody' Baritone Z
Wenge/Quartersawn Rosewood top like that August GOM chocolate Tele.
Wenge neck w/rich grain board.
Piezo/acoustic pickup inside the cavity (has this been invented?)
String-thru bridge
7-string?  :eek:

Also, I noticed you can do 7/8th bodies, but can you guys make a slightly larger body for baritones, something like 8.8/8th or 9/8ths?
I am thinking more wicked guitarron/cello.

1965-shape Melody Maker body with control layout as per Pat Travers.  Plus, naturally, the classic MM headstock shape as a neck option.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
They've had the MM headstock shape in the past.  It wasn't their choice to stop it, and it ain't coming back.

I think he was referring to Melody Maker, not Music Man, but the same situation obtains - Gibson came down on W. to quit making stuff that looks like Gibson stuff, likewise Music Man re: the old VW bodies and 4x2 headstock.  Darnit.

Back