If you could add any Body/Neck Option(s) to Warmoth's selection..

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
I think W is still doing the Gibson headstock shapes.  Clicking on the builders takes you through the process, rather than the legal speak with the bodies.
Honestly, I wouldn't want one.  I might be building an SC (not sure if I can afford it since, if I were to do it, I'd go all out with binding on the neck, etc) and if I do build one, I'm going to be using a Warmoth headstock.

Cut-off Telecaster bridge option. Then I could have my Tele bridge and a P-90 in the bridge position.

You can probably call to custom order this, but I haven't checked.

I'm thinking I'll wait to see what W does for a SC and a DC. I'm thinking of putting together a SC of some sort to replicate (somewhat) an LP sound. but I digress.

How about LP or SG control routs on any body that has the room? Not all of us like Strat or PRS type controls.

I'll second that request for a Warmoth 12 string headstock while I'm at it. The old Fender hockey stick is way cool but only on a Strat, Tele or Jazzmaster body. To do a nice non-Fender type 12, an enlongated Warmoth would fill the bill. Would have to be a 13 degree tilt, too. Either that or find someone that could replicate that eight-hole string tree Fender used to make.

:guitaristgif:

drewfx said:
I prefer this guy (since I actually have one):

MandobirdVIII_Splash.jpg

But it's safe to say that W isn't going to make this body style (even if they were to offer electric mandos).

Oh now that's awesome.

Er, the term would simply be 'hydrocephalus'. 'Hydroencephalitic' isn't a word, and even if it was, it would be incorrectly constructed within that sentence.

Aww yeah, grammar. :party07:

as long as there are nits to be picked: Hydrocephalic would be correct according to the sentence.

Ace Flibble said:
Er, the term would simply be 'hydrocephalus'. 'Hydroencephalitic' isn't a word, and even if it was, it would be incorrectly constructed within that sentence.

Aww yeah, grammar. :party07:

Well, now there are at least two additional occurrences of the word on top of the 22,000+ Google found on the World Wide Wibble, so it's officially a Real Thing.

Speaking of Google's far-reaching and depth-seeking nosiness, did you know that the best way to test the hackability of a password is to feed it to Google's search engine? If you get 0 hits, it's gotta be pretty damn unique.

Unless I have, unbeknownst to myself, slipped into a coma and awoken in a time when vernacular is dictated by a search engine and the tripe that is spewn on the internet, 'hydroencephalitic' is most certainly not a word.

AutoBat said:
as long as there are nits to be picked: Hydrocephalic would be correct according to the sentence.
Either would be grammatically passable, but 'hydrocephalus' is the simpler read within context.

You knew what I meant, so communication took place. This isn't a legal document; it's a social/help forum. If you don't like the word or don't understand it or how prefixes/suffixes/modifiers work, then just say so. That way we can maintain the integrity of the list of who's incredibly anal and who's not <grin>

How about more options for pickup styles on Tele Deluxe pickguards? Minis or P-90s would be great. I wouldn't think it would be that difficult to program in to a CNC.

Too bad about the thing with Gibson.  Warmoth could be making all of these gems:

f0441796-063e-47c6-9ad6-10f79d0202bc.jpg

gibson_zakk_wylde_zv_buzzsaw.jpg

gibson-reverse-flying-v.jpg

images

firebird_x.jpg

DSHXSCCH1-Finish-Shot.aspx

gibson_sg_zoot_suit_rainbow.jpg

....................  NOT! :laughing11:

hannaugh said:
You do know that many of those were send back to Gibson from different suppliers, because there was NO interest in them.

Hence why they did this to them.  :doh:

When will they learn  :dontknow:

Attachments

• 47589_10151184476250718_1725598512_n_zps5fa9f208.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 332
It's really funny to see people trying to sell them NIB on ebay and maybe getting $2k for them if they can sell them at all, when I think they retailed for $5k just a couple years ago. 

I don't understand how anyone could look at some of these designs and think "Oh yeah, that's awesome.  People will love that." 

The pickguard needs to go, but otherwise, that first one isn't terrible.  And while it looks like it would be a bitch to play comfortably, I kinda like the look of the reverse V.

The reverse v might be the only Gibson design ever which is immune from neck dive. Ironic that glued on headstocks would be a trademark of a company that doesn't give a fig about balance

A Standard Thin neck option that tapers from .780" to .850" .

Oh, and the Fender "Deluxe" contoured heel option.

Back