If this one doesn't divide opinion...

swarfrat said:
Fat Pete said:
Ddbltrbl has nailed the vibe I'm after here - I'm stuck in a strange retro world...
DSCF0047s.jpg

Jane! Stop this crazy thing!
LOL - Love it! :eek:ccasion14:

Fat Pete said:
Thanks again for the kind comments folks. That Strat of yours, Mully, was one the ones fuelling my GAS. My bank account says thanks!

Wow, thanks for such a kind comment. Yeah, going with the solid color, even with the masked binding, is a lot cheaper than a lot of those maple tops. I think everything totaled my guitar was about $1200. That's body, neck, parts, pups, shipping, etc... No way you get this guitar from Fender at that price.
MULLY

Fat Pete said:
...then you'll all hate it!

Cheating a bit here as the body has been out of its box for a while but the neck has only just arrived.

DSCF0027s.jpg

Showcase body - chambered swamp ash on swamp ash, all 3 contours, sonic blue with natural masked binding. A bit of an impulse buy, though I'd been suffering from bad GAS for a solid colour/masked binding body since seeing some very nice examples here  - and sonic blue is a long-time favourite of mine.

DSCF0028s.jpg

I wasn't sure what sort of neck it was going to get, but when it actually arrived I realized that I had to do this:

DSCF0029sa.jpg

DSCF0026s.jpg

82a8eae6-ed1f-429b-b41c-d26cdd9d0e2c.jpg

Custom order neck - maple/indian rosewood (dark) 1 5/8, 24 3/4 conversion, Clapton contour, 6130 frets (would have gone for ss if they did this size) graphtech nut, pearloid blocks. Oh, and yes it is finished in sonic blue - yes, all over (apart from the fretboard as Spike pointed out when I ordered it. He was genuinely surprised - maybe horrified - when I specced the finish - probably not something that happens very often).

DSCF0029s.jpg

DSCF0030s.jpg

DSCF0032s.jpg

DSCF0031s.jpg

DSCF0033s.jpg

This one is inheriting some parts from a now abandoned thinline project - hence the hybrid guard. Pickups are a somewhat unusual pair from Catswhisker, a British hand-maker - more on these when it's been put together.

All nickel hardware - including (vintage-looking) Gotoh height-adjustable-post, magnum-locking tuners which look to be fiddly little suckers to set up and I'm not 100% convinced by the self/auto-locking idea but the quality looks and feels good so I'll give them a try.

Nobody in the UK seems to have nickel neckplates though so I might have to settle for a little chrome round the back or else get in touch with DangerousR6 to see if he can do anything with my logo in nickel. Am I obsessing over unimportant details here? No need to answer that.

Next appearance hopefully in the gallery section alongside all the other painted neck and block marker beauties - the new trend starts here.

SICK

Back