Ibanez EGEN18

MicahC

Now, I like Dragonforce, but I don't worship them. But, Herman Li has a beautiful sig guitar worth mentioning. It's supposed to come out in the middle of August, and when that time comes I will be living at Guitar Center :toothy12:

Let's see: It's purple  :headbang: , flamed maple, S Body shape, 24 frets, nice inlay, and the middle pickup is lower than normal. I'm getting one. Of course, I'll have to mow lots of lawns because this baby is almost $3,000 bucks.

link to the site here

Vital Statistics:
Neck: 5pc EGEN Prestige neck
Neck Type:EGEN Prestige
Body: Mahogany body w/Flamed Maple top
Frets: Jumbo frets
Fingerboard: Rosewood
Inlay:  Abalone Oval inlay
Bridge:  Edge Zero bridge
Neck PickUp: DiMarzio® HLM neck pu
Middle PickUp:DiMarzio® HLM mid pu
Bridge PickUp: DiMarzio® HLM bridge pu
Hardware Color: GD

EGEN18TVF.jpg

Chris of Arabia said:
Cigarette burns from the huge reefer that gets jammed under the strings...  :toothy12:
:laughing11:, looks like any other "S" series Iby, other than the scallops on the upper horn... :dontknow:

not a fan of herman li

not a fan of ibanez anymore, either

the fact that anything can be shredderized makes the genre meaningless and it translates to me only as technique

plus there are funny things i've heard about dragonforce

that they are completely studio based

or that they speed stuff up

and that herman li isnt that good live

but whatever, i've never even bothered to give them a listen

if i REALLY wanna hear anything musically worth anything in a metal type genre

i'll stick with my guns and pick Maiden

should i feel wrong?

:cool01:

cuz I don't think I SHOULD

EDIT: Was in a bad mood, sorry  :-\

Yeah, the thing that impressed me the most was the pickup configuration. I made a thread a while back and people tried to figure it out, but I don't think it ever happened :tard:

Holy @#$%! I want that kind of wiring on my second warmoth, truly amazing! Like full Shred and full Straty at the same time :OD

+1 to manly frets
+1 to 24 frets too!
+1 to the scalloped last 4 frets

imminentG said:
not a fan of herman li

not a fan of ibanez anymore, either

the fact that anything can be shredderized makes the genre meaningless and it translates to me only as technique

plus there are funny things i've heard about dragonforce

that they are completely studio based

or that they speed stuff up

and that herman li isnt that good live

but whatever, i've never even bothered to give them a listen

if i REALLY wanna hear anything musically worth anything in a metal type genre

i'll stick with my guns and pick Maiden

should i feel wrong?

:cool01:

cuz I don't think I SHOULD
Well said.....Maiden rocks...... :headbang1:

But fro shredding, noone can compair to Satriani and Vai.... :party07:

I only counted 9.  One of the combos is redundant with the push/pull in and out.  I guarantee your ears couldn't tell the difference between 3 of those, leaving 5 or 6 distinct sounds, which could be done with a 5 way switch.  Realistically, most people would use only two or three.  But, I love tricked up wiring.  Especially when the instrument isn't visibly littered with mini-toggles.

Very true. But, they say the pro's like Vai, Satch, etc can hear the difference, whereas any normal joe would think that they're all the same.  :dontknow: But, I like the tricked out wiring as well  :icon_thumright:

MicahC said:
Very true. But, they say the pro's like Vai, Satch, etc can hear the difference, whereas any normal joe would think that they're all the same.  :dontknow: But, I like the tricked out wiring as well  :icon_thumright:

Blindfold them and make them take the Pepsi challenge, I sincerely doubt it.  It's one of those things you notice if you know what it's set on.  Like differences between string-thru and top mount bridges.  Your eyes see it and tell the brain what to think, but your ears can't tell.

Back