Huh?

Hold on, that statement (no matter how wrong it is) still holds some merit.
Behold, and cream yourselves.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTc8wydJOMo

What, you guys need your thumb wrapped around the back of the neck to play it? A REAL showman reaches over the top and keeps the solo ripping to the cheers of the crowd!   :laughing7:

I saw Joe Perry live play a body like this with a Tele Reverse head on it. The body was black but really beat up. He must have played 10 different guitars that night but this is the only one I can recall what it looked like. From a marketing perspective, it did its job.

By the way, this body and pickguard is something we have been able to do for a long time but we just haven't made them for the Showcase in quite awhile.

ByteFrenzy said:
line6man said:
you CANT get good tone unless you use a strat!
That is particularly bad news for us bass players. It's also bad news for keyboard, sax, and other players out there.

and dare i say it:

good bass tone only comes from a Jazz Bass!

LOL

i hope you guys know that i am not being serious...
just exaggerating my opinions a little.

»$¡r ¤ §¢hmøøþ¥« said:
Hold on, that statement (no matter how wrong it is) still holds some merit.
Behold, and cream yourselves.

Didn't cream myself, but I did puke up some creamed corn...at least I think it was creamed corn.
That thing, like all Line6 stuff I've heard or played, only sounds good when drenched with delays and reverb.

Is it just me or does everything just sound really really thin?  Could be those EMGs, too.  I've never liked any EMGs I've played in stores.  :dontknow:

Sorry guys but I love that thing.  I have been planning on doing one of those for about a year now after I saw one on the Showcase.  I just have to many other projects in front of it.  I’d buy that body but I want one in the 3.8-pound range.  Some day, long ways down the road I’m on it.

Sorry one more time but you young whippersnappers need to take a lesson from us old farts and save your money for Vintage Tube Amps, Fender, Vox, and Marshall.  They can’t be modeled and they can’t be touched for tone.  I’m sorry I tried not to say something but I had to.  :redflag:

P- iece
O-f
D-ooDoo

PS I changed my mind.  You will hate those vintage amps, do not spend your money on them so  Jack, CB , Richard, and I can have them.  

The only thing POD's and other multi effect pedal for are recording or in situations where you can't take the amp with you (like travelling to another country) and you are forced to use the PA system. Otherwise they just don't cut it tone wise...

Tonar8353 said:
Sorry guys but I love that thing.  I have been planning on doing one of those for about a year now after I saw one on the Showcase.  I just have to many other projects in front of it.  I’d buy that body but I want one in the 3.8-pound range.  Some day, long ways down the road I’m on it.

Sorry one more time but you young whippersnappers need to take a lesson from us old farts and save your money for Vintage Tube Amps, Fender, Vox, and Marshall.  They can’t be modeled and they can’t be touched for tone.  I’m sorry I tried not to say something but I had to.  :redflag:

P- iece
O-f
D-ooDoo

PS I changed my mind.  You will hate those vintage amps, do not spend your money on them so  Jack, CB , Richard, and I can have them.  
i can has vintage? Wow, I want a vintage Marshall. Blues/rock beast.

rahimiiii said:
The only thing POD's and other multi effect pedal for are recording or in situations where you can't take the amp with you (like travelling to another country) and you are forced to use the PA system. Otherwise they just don't cut it tone wise...

exactly...
pods are great for people like me that DO NOT want an amp...
they are excellent for studio rigs where you play thru monitors, and they dont need to be played super loud in order to get them to break up.
ok, the tone of a vintage tube amp can kick a pods ass, but for me, its just easier to do it the line6 way.

line6man said:
well, i wont force my ways on you all, but for me, line6 is the ONLY way to go...
my particular gear needs can only be met my modelling gear, and line6 does that the best!

As one of those guys who will only put a cable between my Strat and Super-Reverb, I beg you, please stop. 

I can see it now--"Four out of five guitarists who prefer cold and brittle transistors sound prefer Stratocaster!"

OK, just joshing.

/but srsly . . .

line6man said:
i know that this is going to get me into a lot of trouble, but i will say it anyways:

you CANT get good tone unless you use a strat!

Well, you're not in trouble with me, but I would like to know your definition of a Strat.  The Alder ones sound different than the Ash ones.  Warmoth could make you a hollow Mahogany one with humbuckers.  To you, is a Strat the wood, pickups, or body shape?  I'm pretty sure the first two affect the tone more than the third.  It's like the bad-ass guitar player that's told he'd be better if he was playing a Strat.

You know, I have found that the more types of music you cover, the more variety in gigs you play, different musicians you play with and if you do studio time AND live shows, then more of a variety of gear you use. With that kind of player always comes an appreciation and respect for many different tools of the trade. If all you do is drill holes, all you need is a drill. If you want to build a house, it will simply require more tools and the skill to run them to best utilize their specific purpose.

That said, everyone has their favorite. Would you like the red ball or the green ball?

guys come on...
i am not being serious, i am exaggerating my opinion on strats for comedic effect.
(or maybe its shock-value)

"Well, you're not in trouble with me, but I would like to know your definition of a Strat.  The Alder ones sound different than the Ash ones.  Warmoth could make you a hollow Mahogany one with humbuckers.  To you, is a Strat the wood, pickups, or body shape?  I'm pretty sure the first two affect the tone more than the third.  It's like the bad-ass guitar player that's told he'd be better if he was playing a Strat."

i prefer a strat with:
alder body. maple neck with maple fingerboard. small sized frets. "modern C shaped neck". (i am not really sure about the radius, as rediculous as that sounds). SSH pickup configuration, vintage style single coils in the neck and middle, with a screaming dimarzio humbucker in the bridge. vintage style tremolo.

that "general" strat tone is alot more usable to me than a "general" les paul tone.
i like brightness in my tone, and les pauls are just too mellow for my taste.
the body shape does play into it for me though.
i do 100% of my playing sitting in an office chair in my home studio. the shape of a strat is very comfortable for that kind of thing.

when i first started playing guitar, i started on a strat, so i guess thats what i got comfortable on.
i bought a cheap ibanez and played that for a while, and then i got to play another strat again, and i fell in love with the neck (C shape, the same one thats on the current american strats) so i decided to get rid of the ibanez and buy another strat.
if i ever were to build a "heavy metal guitar" i would put a strat neck on it.

if i had to wrap up my definition of a strat in one (two) words: Jimi Hendrix...
i find myself using a purple haze fuzz tone in place of a regular distortion tone, and it just sounds awesome.

I agree with line6man... as a college student, a line 6 is excellent. No one would bother to steal/use it while you're not around.  :)

UTSC said:
I agree with line6man... as a college student, a line 6 is excellent. No one would bother to steal/use it while you're not around.  :)

Adding to the fact that it's poo...

Back