Huh?

For the record, distortion and gain are two entirely different subjects. Yes, Virginia, it's true.

And this is a subject on which I refuse to debate. Why? Because debate on this subject is, to be honest, "stoopid".

I'm not  :toothy12:

I would have something 'alike', but would be a trully lefty with only the strings reversed...

I play with my POD XT Live all the time, & no-one in the audience can tell a difference.
We monitor with an Aviom system & life is sweet.

I have the metal shop pak installed & I use the 5150,Diezel Herbert & VH4, Bogner Uber & Ecstasy, Agro,Spinal Puppet, & Big Bottom models quite a bit.

This is my rig;
TFSPedalboard2008A.jpg

Tony I believe you. I think the cheaper Line 6 amps give all of the Line 6 stuff a bad name for some reason. I've heard that their higher end stuff like the Vetta amps sound awesome.

I've listened what was told as Telecaster thru POD on country tone and was perfect once... what I means is: I know you can get a very nice tone, but 95% of time it sounds like a Line6, not as a amp... I sold mine because I have no hability to deal with those things hehehehehehe

I go back and forth with my Pod sounds. I like the recording functionality of the Toneport, but rarely feel I get good sounds from the modeling software, which is just POD as software, running on a PC. I usually end up miking my amp in the end, though I've used POD sounds for recording a few times.

You know what would make this guitar more F-ed up?

Though its a right routed lefty strat, you could have it so it's a right routed lefty strat, thats now left handed! Doesn't that play with ya mind? :headbang1:

Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:

Though its a right routed lefty strat, you could have it so it's a right routed lefty strat, thats now left handed! Doesn't that play with ya mind? :headbang1:

Are you SURE you're not Danny Bonaduce's lovechild?

jackthehack said:

:laughing11:

jackthehack said:

Who?

Wait i looked it up, no.

Man Wiki is helpful  :laughing7:

This is actually kind of interesting. My stepdaughters boy friend is left handed and a pretty good guitar player for 19. And he's in need of a good lefty guitar, so he'll leave mine alone. But wait you say, "Doug you're not a lefty". No I'm not, but his kid can play my right handed guitars upside down still strung righty.....Craziest f*cking thing I've ever seen. :doh: Anyway this would be cool for him since he's used to right handers but he's left handed....Is this kinda like an oxymoron.... :icon_scratch:
S2957c.jpg

Ah. Well, I'm sure he'd like to hear about this then. Has he ever shown interest in making a guitar?

Max said:
Ah. Well, I'm sure he'd like to hear about this then. Has he ever shown interest in making a guitar?
He's seen my tele's and asked about making him a guitar. But until I'm sure he's long term, I'm not commiting to anything...

DangerousR6 said:
This is actually kind of interesting. My stepdaughters boy friend is left handed and a pretty good guitar player for 19. And he's in need of a good lefty guitar, so he'll leave mine alone. But wait you say, "Doug you're not a lefty". No I'm not, but his kid can play my right handed guitars upside down still strung righty.....Craziest f*cking thing I've ever seen. :doh: Anyway this would be cool for him since he's used to right handers but he's left handed....Is this kinda like an oxymoron.... :icon_scratch:

You just blew my mind. 

Oh, and I don't know if it was a Warmoth or a Fender first.  I saw the Warmoth version of this that was a customer request a few years ago, but it was also in the Fender Custom Shop Calendar in 2000.  I apoligize for the image size, but it's the bottom-center.

c-fender2000c.jpg

that's actually a bad idea.  I mean, at least you'd have the cut-out but the knobs would still be in your way.  I play upside-down (strung righty) so I know what i"M talking about.  sorry, mild drunk atm

Mr Real Nice said:
that's actually a bad idea.  I mean, at least you'd have the cut-out but the knobs would still be in your way.  I play upside-down (strung righty) so I know what i"M talking about.  sorry, mild drunk atm

I'm in a Tele forum elsewhere and there's a lefty on there.  He has a lot of high end lefty stuff now, but he learned playing Hendrix style, righthanded instruments restrung and flipped for lefty orientation.  He had first hand knowledge of the playability of doing this.  He said the Tele was the most uncomfortable to do this with.  The Strat wasn't bad, but the SG was the best.  It's practically symetrical anyway.

I have never been able to understand why right handers are so fascinated with playing upside down guitars. It's an ergonomic freakin' nightmare. The damn things don't balance, the dots are visible from the floor only, the knobs end up under your elbow, blah blah, rant, rave, dummy-spit  :icon_tongue:
This one looks like fun though I couldn't see me ordering a left handed version, I'd be cock-eyed trying to put it together. Not to mention the neck... a lefty with a reverse/reverse headstock :icon_jokercolor:

Back