Huh?

Seriously, with all those guitars Hendrix had, did he ever own a left-handed one?  I mean, he must've had the money to buy one eventually.

Mr Real Nice said:
Seriously, with all those guitars Hendrix had, did he ever own a left-handed one?  I mean, he must've had the money to buy one eventually.

One of his flying Vs (not the painted one) was left handed. Clapton reportedly found a lefty strat in a shop and bought it as a gift for him and was supposed to meet him with it the night he died. I don't know if it's true but it makes a nice story.
Lefty Fenders were around in the late 60's but Hendrix didn't like any of the ones he tried out. That makes sense considering the crap CBS were turning out in those days. It would have been far easier to find a "good one" from the righties available than the limited number of lefties to be had at the time.

Wasn't that story about George Harrisson's Rosewood tele's strat brother which fender made for Jimi?

I still need to replicate this all rosewood strat.... some day! :)

DallasGuitarShow010.jpg

Very eloquently put Marko. :cool01:

From the picture George Harrisons rosewood teles strat brother was right handed, so it definitely wasn't the guitar that Clapton didn't quite give to Jimi. I wonder what Eric did with it? It's probably worth a fortune.

+1 on the replica. One day a lefty for me, Callaham hardware, RG Tallboys..... :help:

Mr Real Nice said:

I'm just speculating, but he probably didn't care.  His tone is often imitated, but as near as I can tell, he didn't care about that either.  He turned everything up to 10.  I've never seen a pic or video of him adjusting a tone or volume knob mid song to adjust his tone.  His pickup selector switch was really just an effect.

Who knows?  It really kind of added to his mystique.  If you saw a picture, you always knew it was him reaffirmed by the upside down guitar, not to mention all the urban myths about him being ambidextrious, and misconceptions about him not restringing his righty guitars (bass string on bottom).

BTW, has anyone ever seen lefthanded pots and knobs?

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
BTW, has anyone ever seen lefthanded pots and knobs?

I've seen lefty pots (reverse taper) on ebay but lefty knobs? i.e. with the numbers reverse ordered, no. Personally I just wire up normal pots backwards on my guitars and I ignore the numbers anyway.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
I'm just speculating, but he probably didn't care.  His tone is often imitated, but as near as I can tell, he didn't care about that either.  He turned everything up to 10.  I've never seen a pic or video of him adjusting a tone or volume knob mid song to adjust his tone.  His pickup selector switch was really just an effect.
http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=VFZorStky7U&feature=related

Now you have  :icon_biggrin: 0:28s

willyk said:
I wonder what Eric did with it? It's probably worth a fortune.

I have a documentary of Clapton called the Rolling Hotel, where they used a dedicated train instead of a tour bus to tour Europe.  Apparently Clapton had a bad habit of selling off some of his guitars.

Back