How many Warmoth Instruments do you own?

How many instruments do you own that use a Warmoth neck or body, or both?

Votes: 98 35.5%

Votes: 61 22.1%

Votes: 33 12.0%

Votes: 12 4.3%
  • 5 +

Votes: 48 17.4%

Votes: 24 8.7%

• Total voters
Cagey said:
Mayfly said:
That's a lot of guitars!

Yeah, I don't know about you, but I'm starting to feel a little guilty about the whole thing. Whaddaya need so many fiddles for? Seems a bit like gluttony.

When you're feeling guilty, just think of Joe Bonamassa!  He probably has more guitars than the entire board put together.  :)

Steve Wosniak (of Apple fame) and Joe Perry (of Aerosmith) are supposed to have warehouse-sized collections as well. I think I saw a picture of Yngwie's collection one time, too, that was huge. Unusual in that they were just piled up like cordwood - no formal display setup.

Fun's where you find it, eh?

buy_guitars_happiness.png

I don't feel guilty about having too many as much as I feel really guilty that many just don't get played nearly as much as they should.

Cagey said:
I think I saw a picture of Yngwie's collection one time, too, that was huge. Unusual in that they were just piled up like cordwood - no formal display setup.

That pic, I believe, is on page 157 in a coffee table book I have; STAR GUITARS (by Dave Hunter with a forward by Billy Gibbons).  I think I counted 58, most of which are light yellow Strats.

I didn't count, but lotsa yellow Strats sounds right, so it's probably the same picture.

0-1

1 if you count a Warmoth neck on a MIM Fender Telecaster body.  I will be getting a Jazzcaster body soon and will be using the Tele neck on it.  It will be a little different than the standard Jazzcaster body.  Also going to use Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates pickups with coil splits.

Model: Jazzcaster
Scale: 25-1/2 in.
Orientation: Right Handed
Wood: Alder
Control Cavity: Top Rout
Pickup Rout: Humbucker - None - Humbucker (Brdg)
Bridge Type: Hardtail
Bridge Rout: Recessed TOM-Staggered Strings
Jack Rout: 7/8" (22mm) Side Jack Hole
Neck Pocket: Tele® Shape
Contours: Contoured Heel, Forearm Contour, Tummy Cut
Finish: Butterscotch Blonde

I have retracted my former answer of 2 and moved it up to 3  :laughing7:. I am just waiting for a body so really I am at 2 and a half but 3 is only weeks away! 2 strats and a tele.

Two full ones now, when my neck arrives it'll be threeeeeeeee!  :icon_biggrin:

Three for me at the moment with two more in the plans.
Currently:
1. Sunburst Strat
2. 8-Ball Strat
3. Daphne Blue-tortoise shell Strat

In The Works:
4. Mooncaster
5. Jazzmaster or Telecaster

A Telecaster...complete
a WGD ... in process
a Z body with a reverse warhead neck... being fabricated.. hopefully  :icon_thumright:

Need to update my count - Strat incoming to become my #4 Warmoth.  :headbang:

Currently at nine.
First there was the Walnut body J-bass with the Padouk neck and Wenge fretboard:
BASS001S.jpg

Then the Custom T with the Koa top and the Maple neck with Pau Ferro fretboard and Koa headstock veneer:
BASS002S.jpg

Next, the T-Bird with Swamp Ash body and Wenge neck with Ebony fretboard:
BASS003S.jpg

After that, the J-bass with Korina body and Canary top with a birdseye Maple neck and Macassar Ebony fretboard:
BASS004S.jpg

Next came the bass made from an Alder body blank with an Indian Rosewood top, which re-used the neck of the T-Bird (at that point the T-Bird got a new neck which was also Wenge with Ebony FB but with a paddle headstock which I gave a T-Bird shape):
BASS005S.jpg

Then there was a '51 SCP with Butterscotch Blonde body and a bound and blocked Maple neck and which was mildly relic'd:
BASS006S.jpg

Finally, on the bass front at least, two near-identical Short Scale J-Basses with Swamp Ash body and a (stained) Maple neck with Ebony FB and reverse Warhead headstock (the one in the picture and one that is identical except for all black hardware):
BASS007S.jpg

And (for now) one guitar, little brother to the SCP - a vintage Tele body with Butterscotch Blonde body and Maple neck:
GUIT001S.jpg

Which, unless I missed something still lying around left or right, comes out at a total of nine.

1) Warmoth Walnut Strat w/ Warmoth Rosewood/ Ziricote neck ,
2) Warmoth  Mahogany Strat , Warmoth Maple/ Rosewood neck
3) Warmoth all Mahagonay VIP
4) Warmoth Alder 3.2 ounce 1 piece  Strat body no neck as of yet.
5) Warmoth Koa Strat w/ Goncalo Alves / Ebony neck
6) Warmoth Maple neck on a MIM Fender Strat w/ EMG SA pickups
7) Warmoth Mahogany Tele with Flame Maple top w/ Warmoth Koa/ Ebony Neck
9) Warmoth P-bass neck awaiting body.
10) Warmoth vintage( Alder?) body with vintage Warmoth Maple neck.

Back