How many Warmoth Instruments do you own?

How many instruments do you own that use a Warmoth neck or body, or both?

Votes: 98 35.5%

Votes: 61 22.1%

Votes: 33 12.0%

Votes: 12 4.3%
  • 5 +

Votes: 48 17.4%

Votes: 24 8.7%

• Total voters
Of course! But, we called them "Jazzmeisters" back then, and they wore hats. And smoked. A lot. Because cigarettes were good for you back then. It wasn't until the commies came along that cigarettes got a bad rap. I'm not going to explain it. You do the math.

I previously posted in this thread that I owned 2 Warmoth strats. I now have to revise that and say I only own 1. I'm sure you saw my post telling that I sold my cherryburst. Oh well, The white one, known as "TOMOKO", will always be with me.
MULLY

Ok I just replied that I now have 2.  However I now have a question for all of you.  I want more.  How the heck do you justify building so many?  Some of you that post often seem to have a new one every time I look at this page (and that is very often).  What do you do with all these guitars?  I'm up to 10.  Maybe I should start getting rid of some but I can't seem to part with any.  So you guys that build and build how do you justify and what do you do with them.

Who needs justification? It's just plain ol' industrial-strength lust <grin>

Jcurl02 said:
Ok I just replied that I now have 2.  However I now have a question for all of you.  I want more.  How the heck do you justify building so many?  Some of you that post often seem to have a new one every time I look at this page (and that is very often).  What do you do with all these guitars?  I'm up to 10.  Maybe I should start getting rid of some but I can't seem to part with any.  So you guys that build and build how do you justify and what do you do with them.

Easy - for my part this is a hobby. And you do not need to justify a hobby.

What I do with them? Ok - I admit ... I play them. But please do not tell the others ...

And I like to play a lot of different tunings - So I need them!  :icon_jokercolor:

My question was kind of tongue in cheek but seriously how many guitars can one man (or woman) have????  I know I know, as many as possible. 

Each of mine has run me about $1700.  Iknow some of you have spent more and some less but do you sell them?  Do you just collect them?  Do you get rid of one to make room for the next?  Just curious. 

I've threatened this before but now I'm going to do it.  I'm going to start a thread where we all post our "family portraits". These will be our guitar family.  Look for it.

Lost count  :help:

Jcurl02 said:
but seriously how many guitars can one man (or woman) have???? 
Ummmmm .... That's kind-of like asking a woman how many pairs of shoes they need  :doh:  ...... sorry ladies  :toothy11:

SustainerPlayer said:
Easy - for my part this is a hobby. And you do not need to justify a hobby.

What I do with them? Ok - I admit ... I play them.
Yep thats my answer too  :icon_thumright:

Al thou .... I've striped down one of my 1st builds, my mahogany / zebra 'V' that'll get sold off someday.
One of my daughters, boyfriends whats to buy one or two  :icon_biggrin:  Thats all he has to choose from  :laughing7:  .... because I have a few I won't sell !!
Have a mate that wants to buy my Double Bound Tele Tobacco Burst.
Plus have had many offers on other ones.

I'm on my way to 1-and-a-half, when the neck I just ordered arrives.

I bought a CBS Vintage Modern Strat neck with vintage tint gloss, 6150 frets, black dots and a reverse headstock (so, a righty headstock on a lefty neck). It's going to go on my Mexican Stratocaster.

Been loving my Jazzmaster. Still debating on what to do about headstock decals / art-in-general, though.

Two Teles (mid-90's), two Soloists (2000's), two Strats (2005 and 2010), and a VIP currently on order.

I'm not gonna get up an' go runnin' 'round the house to count 'em right now, but I will say it stopped bein' about ''need'' a LONG time ago...guitars are a vehicle by which I work at two of my crafts/passions, and Warmoth provides my ''canvas of choice''!! By the way, the number is almost embarrassing, but I'll get over it, and press on...let's see, the NEXT ONE will be..........

Cagey said:
Local guitar god when I was a grasshopper played a Jazzmaster as his main squeeze. Between that and an Ampeg VT-22, he lost 3 apartments and 2 houses that I know of. Guy was insane. Didn't care one whit what time it was or what anyone thought. When it was time to wank and crank, then by god that's what he did. Cops all knew him by name, as did all his neighbors.

He eventually smashed it, though. Couldn't keep it in tune. Same with a Strat he had during that period. Guy had anger issues, I think <grin>

But, really, those old things were a cast iron bitch to keep tuned. You needed the patience of a saint and a little divine intervention. The hardware just wasn't that good back then. Used to frustrate me as well, but I never smashed anything. At least, not until I was in divorce proceedings with my second wife. But, that's another story...

:toothy12:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DbUPjEbIvA

3.5 basses (Extra body)
2 guitars (one baritone, one standard scale)
4 Half-'moths (given/sold to friends/co-workers)

The count will probably stay census-neutral for a while; I'm supposed to spend this year's tax return like a grown-up... then again, I don't always do what I'm supposed to.  :icon_jokercolor:

Let's see.

Bright red stacked humbucker stratocaster
Candy tangerine stratocaster
Alpine white HH stratocaster
Dakota red La Cabronita shredder telecaster
Blue flake HH stratocaster
Candy yellow telecaster
Alpine white baritone Explorer (Oh mi - a G-shape  :eek: )
Purple frost La Cabronita telecaster

In the works:

Blackburst neon orange soloist
8 ball sustainer stratocaster

So it will soon be 10 builds  :help:

I'm up to 15, plus a few off-brands (Taylor, Agile, Gibson), but I think I'm gonna dump some of them. Got too many Strats and Teles, and Les Pauls never last long around here. Plus, I need an Atomic CLR or two, so I need to raise a few bucks. They don't give those little rascals away.

I've somehow gotten more since last report:

1 - Sherwood green tele
2 - Dakota red tele with bender
3 - Kashmir (Tonar green paisley tele with bender)
4 - 8-ball tele with bender
5 - "Cornflower Blue by Tonar" tele with bender
6 - custom painted "Fender XII"
7 - (this one may not count) Precision guitar works LP Jr with Tonar burst

That's a lot of guitars! 

Mayfly said:
That's a lot of guitars!

Yeah, I don't know about you, but I'm starting to feel a little guilty about the whole thing. Whaddaya need so many fiddles for? Seems a bit like gluttony.

I may have done this inventory already, but here we go:

1. Quty Pie carved-top tele, wenge Strat neck, loaded with PRS Santana II pups.

2.  The Hog, transparent green half-'Moth - Renegade mahogany tele body with canary Warmoth neck loaded with Roadhouse P90's/

3.  Bête Noire, black double-bound tele, loaded with Duncan Quarter Pound bridge and GFS Dream 90 neck pup.

4.  Work in progress:  Strat, swamp ash/flame maple dyed Black/Brown/Yellow burst, with Fender Eric Johnson strat pups, wenge neck.

5.  WIP:  Renegade western red cedar body, Warmoth baritone neck.  Pups TBD.

6.  WIP:  Warmoth alder rear-rout Tele body, neck and electronics TBD.

7.  WIP:  Alder/quilt maple VW body, neck and pups TBD.

8.  WIP:  Mahogany/Flame Koa LPS body, clear finish, maple Warmoth 3x3 neck, loaded with Dimarzio Fred (bridge) and PAF-Pro (neck).

I should be ashamed to have so much good fortune.  But I'm not.

Bagman

Back