"Horizons"

DocNrock

Master Member
Something different for me.

I actually sat down and spent a day and half composing a two-minute instrumental over a YouTube backing track.  This is in contrast to recording the first or second take of an improvised jam.  The backing track, to me, has kind of an Indie-Pop feel to it. 

Personally, I am kind of pleased with the outcome.  I call my part, "Horizons."  Arrangement:  verse-chorus-verse-solo/outro.

If you choose to listen to it, I hope you enjoy.  I played this on the first Warmoth that I built.  Build date:  May 2008.

Played on the bridge pickup, which is a DiMarzio Fast Track 2.  Signal Path:  Compressor-Tube Screamer-Noise Suppressor-Peavey JSX (High-gain input, Crunch channel)-FX loop send-Digital Delay-Chorus-Reverb-FX loop return-Power Amp-Peavey JSX 4x12 cabinet.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfEW81Fk8N8[/youtube]

I like it!

You really need to do something about your recording situation, though. The guitar is barely audible.

Very catchy. Now I can't get it out of my head!
:icon_thumright:  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

I'll return your favor and tell you about Studio One from PreSonus. It's an extremely powerful piece of recording software, and the entry level version is free!
I've started doing some recordings with it and couldn't be happier.
Of course you might need some kind of mic preamp/interface to be able to connect a microphone to your computer.
Check it out.

@ Cagey:  Thanks for giving it a listen.  Glad you like it.  I just rearranged my new guitar room so that I can get at the back of the amp any my 8-track Tascam.  I should be playing around with multi-track recording again, soon.

@ Logrinn:  Ha!  Thanks for listening.  Hopefully its not like one of those cheesy songs that you hear and it gets stuck in your head!  I'll check out Studio One.  Thanks for the tip.  I have a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 interface.  I need to play around with it, some more.  As mentioned above, to Cagey, I also have a Tascam 8-track digital recorder.  It's kind of a dinosaur, but it still works. 

@ Fdesalvo:  Thanks.  I have a few options for recording, so I just need to start playing around with it.

@ Mark1178:  :eek:ccasion14:

Cagey said:
I like it!

You really need to do something about your recording situation, though. The guitar is barely audible.

I know my recording could be better.  But at least I don't sound (or look) this bad:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETqdCNYgfXg&feature=youtu.be

:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

I will say, though, the guy seems to be able to play better than me.

Back