Recording a Pro Tools Session from Quick Time, HOW ?

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Master Member
I have Pro Tools, and in collaborating with someone on another DAW, I am trying to "Screen Record" from my Pro Tools session, with my interface audio as the output source.
In doing so, I capture all that I want to visually from the edit/arrange window, but when I play back to video file, the audio sounds like ricotta cheese in a plastic bag under a pillow. Consequently, when I bounce a .mp3 of the audio only, it sounds just fine.
I'm wondering how to accomplish both.

I'm collaborating with someone who only has Garage Band, so ideally, I know that they can import the .mp3 into Garage Band, but not sure about the Video.
I have multiple "markers/memory locations" for reference about arrangement parts, ie; verse, chorus, etc, along with instrumental parts (places where no vocals should be) so him having the visual with the markers will be useful ultimately.

Any tips. Admittedly, photo and video are not my thing, so this is new territory for me.

Okay, I'm a Windows guy, but 'if it were me', I'd export my audio files from Protools as 'stems' and then upload to a shared cloud file for the other guy to access, and ask him to do the same.
As long as you use a common file format you can import and export files to your hearts desire, and as long as you have your projects set to the same tempo and time signature settings, and you export 'stems', you should be able to exchange files that will line up perfectly.

If that sounds like I talking in Martian, then hopefully, someone will come along with a better explanation soon.

Possibly in addition to the stems for the visual aspects, you could either capture just video or still image screen captures of the markers along with at what time those things occur.

Back