A Flame Burns On

wolbai

Hi forum-folks,

it's been a while since I was here.

I've traveled some months through Australia and New Zealand ... and - as always - some new tunes came around  :icon_thumright:

During the songwriting process and recording I was accompanied by my duo partner who sang the backvocals and a nice guy who has played the piano part. And I bear responsibility for all the other "rubbish"  :icon_biggrin:

All in all the song has become somehow appealing - some may say a bit too appealling ?

I always ask my eldest daughter about my new songs. But she always answers correspondingly:
"Hey Dad, that sounds like the 80s" Hm  :icon_scratch:

Anyhow: I've tried to develop a consistent song arrangement with that classical "Intro-Verse-Prechorus-Chorus-Bridge-Outro approach".

In the outro part, I couldn't resist to play some lead phrases, starting with a repeating melody lick which turns into an improvised Major-Pentatonic sounding lead line.

I have recorded the outro lead part (starting around 3:45 min) with my Warmoth H-S-H.
All the other rhythm guitar parts are played with a heavily moded James Tyler Variax 69 (with Kinman Av69 and Suhr Doug Aldrich pups).

I think I was already infected by this "major-pentatonic scale-virus" in the early seventies from the Allman Brothers Band (Live at Fillmore East - what a wonderful double album).

I have to admit that parts of the lyrics consists some autobiographical parts. As times goes by, I tend to look back among other things to my home town, where a "flame burns on, where it all began ..."

I hope you enjoy my new song.

And I am always interested in your opinion and thoughts about song writing, recording and the burden of singing as a guitar player  :icon_biggrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8-30o8zLCY&feature=youtu.be

cheers - wolbai  :icon_thumright:

Back