Hmm... another random thing from Gibson.

hannaugh

Master Member
I think it looks like they tried to make a real guitar that looks like a Guitar Hero controller.  Or maybe something from the old Batman tv show:

eye-gtr-1.jpg

Argh my eyes!

That thing looks is hideous, still it's probably worth buying as it'll be an utter failure and collectors will pay a fortune for it in 30 years time. ;)

At the risk of being unpopular, I kinda like it. I think it's the weird pickguard that gives it the Batman vibe, so that might have to go. Either way, it's still better than that reverse-V abomination.

take off the pickguard...cover in is burl or flame maple with a good dye job...i'd buy it.

It looks like one of the Airplanes (Eastwood guitars kind) + Strat + Guitar Center + Crack * LSD

I do kinda like the body shape, but the pickguard, pickups, inlays, controls, and color are all bad.  What's this thing called, anyway?

That's lame, it looks like a bastard child between an SG and a strat or some type of jackson shredder or something

you know, if it wasnt bright orange, with bright orange pickups, and didnt have some sort of pokemon or something for a pickgaurd, I would like it. I like the shape.

Gibson's plan for economic groth

1) make fugly a**ed guitars that not too many people will buy except collectors.
2) stash a few away in a vault somewhere.
3) sell them in 30years as vintage NOS guitars and make a killing on them after they become "classics"

:doh:

Brian

Back