Hmm... another random thing from Gibson.

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Designer/Gibson-USA/Eye-Guitar.aspx

They're completely insane with that price. I do like the body shape, but not what they've chosen to do with it.

"Gibson has long been known for its pioneering guitar designs, and all have set their own standards in guitar innovation. Now, Gibson USA is proud to continue the tradition by adding to the legacy – introducing the new 2009 Limited Run Series Eye Guitar, available beginning April 1 in a strictly limited number of only 350 guitars."

OK I get it - it's an April Fools joke.  :laughing7:

gibson should burn in hell for what they've done to themselves

WAY to bastardize a culture you started, I say

fender, too

seriously, warmoth and companies like it are the musical islam that I imagine will eventually take the world over

(I am not, as of right now, a sunni or shiite muslim, it is merely an allegory)

so yeah, go ahead and get busy burning in hell, major guitar companies!
have fun charging almost 700 for a strat, or 1600 for a stingray, or 3600 for a les paul, cuz all the good musician's ain't buyin' it.

not that warmoth implies talent (after all, I've seen a lot of people on here who, by my reckoning, should not even be blessed with such a company)

ANYWAY!!!
that guitar is a joke wether it's literal or metaphorically

And I thought that this was Gibsons april fools joke:
http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/Features/the-new-raw-power-guitars-401/

You guys haven't seen anything yet! Take a look at the Baldwin pianos on the Gibson website...

line6man said:
You guys haven't seen anything yet! Take a look at the Baldwin pianos on the Gibson website...

SWEET SMOKING JESUS!  Uhh, I mean... Good morning, starshine!

dmraco said:
take off the pickguard...cover in is burl or flame maple with a good dye job...i'd buy it.

Same here... though it'd look better with a different headstock... the classical shape jars with the pointy design of the body

That's honestly one of the fugliest guitars I think I've seen in a long time.  :laughing11:

I dunno....give it the jazzmaster offset waist and a normal sg standard pickguard with 2 vol 2 tone controls and id buy it for half that price.

I actually like it.  It's different and I think pretty cool looking.  I like it...except for the price.

Ibanez did something similar with their "Jet King" series a few years back, only Ibanez actually does have a tradition of making cheap, weird Japanese guitars... Can't Gibson really figure out that people play Airlines & Danelectros & Supros as a rebellion against grossly overpriced, ummm, American... umm, Gibsons.... :icon_tongue: $2400 for an imitation P.O.S. crap guitar, oh yes where can I get one? I'll pay extra for relic'ing... :help:

stubhead said:
Ibanez did something similar with their "Jet King" series a few years back, only Ibanez actually does have a tradition of making cheap, weird Japanese guitars... Can't Gibson really figure out that people play Airlines & Danelectros & Supros as a rebellion against grossly overpriced, ummm, American... umm, Gibsons.... :icon_tongue: $2400 for an imitation P.O.S. crap guitar, oh yes where can I get one? I'll pay extra for relic'ing... :help:

+1

Like I said, they don't seem to GET it.

The price is too much.
The color's are wrong.  It should have a white body, white pick guard, white headstock, silver hardware, black pups.  That would improve it a whole lot.
It's definitely a cross between an SG and a strat.

Would I buy it?  Maybe at $600 if it sounded good.  At almost $2500, no way.

That price is absurd.  I agree, this might find some buyers in the $500-$1000 range, but not for $2.5K.

$500 in a less eye catching colour with no pickguard and I might be interested, although of course it would end up being £500 over here if it were $500 in the US so I'd just build a Warmoth instead.

I love this comment from the "Raw Power" page (http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/Features/the-new-raw-power-guitars-401/):

Grimlok ::  Thursday, April 02, 2009 at 1:11:26 AM

This is a prelude to the Gibson Les Paul Hobo. It's made from tomato crates with a carved balsa top. Who's ever dreaming up this stuff at Gibson, fire them.

Edit: BTW those "raw power" guitars sell for $2K.  :eek:

Someone at Gibson is smoking the wrong stuff. Who would buy one of these?  :tard:
I know I will never buy a new Gibson again after what happened with my 355

Back