Hipshot Hardtail Bridge ......Got Pics

lucky13

Can we see pics of your Guitar build using Hipshot bridges ?

I really like the look of some of the exotic custom builders guitar builds using the Hipshot hardtail and would like to see it in action for reference purposes on this sight ...so if your willing and you used it in your build could you kindly post pics or tips on using this bridge, ie .125 base plate model or .175 base plate model...etc. etc.

especially helpfull to know if the 720 Mod played a factor.

Here's the Hipshot hardtail models Im referring to:
http://store.hipshotproducts.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=163
or this one:
http://store.hipshotproducts.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=166

Heres the dimensions for instalation purposes :
http://www.hipshotproducts.com/files/all/6stg_fixed_dims.pdf

Heres Stew Mac's info regarding this bridge, click on the specs section under the bridge description:
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar,_non-trem_bridges/Hipshot_Hardtail_Bridge.html#shop/Bridges%2C_tailpieces/Electric_guitar%2C_non-trem_bridges/Hipshot_Hardtail_Bridge.html?tab=Specs&_suid=134449317269104046629718288369

The Strat I'm using it on is far from done, but here are a few shots just for the halibut...

IMG_1891_Sm.JPG

IMG_1892_Sm.JPG

IMG_1894_Sm.JPG

Hey, Cagey - sweet Strat.  Is that the chemically treated Mahogany, bursted with your HVLP rig?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Peace

Bagman

lucky13 said:
Very Nice, looks like some Nitro curing there is that the case ?

Yes, that's a nitro finish, but it's not really curing any more. It's been almost a year since I shot it. But, I still don't have a buffing arbor so it hasn't been finish sanded and buffed out. Every time I'm ready to pick one up, something else gets in the way or makes it the wrong move at the time.

Bagman67 said:
Hey, Cagey - sweet Strat.  Is that the chemically treated Mahogany, bursted with your HVLP rig?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks. Yep, that's the one. Been messing with that on and off (mostly off) for a while now. One of these days I'll get a buffer and get serious about final finishing/assembly.

Love the look of the rails on your pickups, first time I have ever seen that kind of graduated pickup setup it looks really sharp, alot of cool Custom Features on that axe, be glad to see the finished project.

I'm not sure what they even are. I know one of those twin-rail types is a GFS of some sort, and the single coil is a Bill Lawrence of some sort. I have a mountain of paper here I need to file, and I'm sure the answers are in there somewhere...

I may have labeled them underneath, so next time I have it apart I'll have to make notes. What is it about pickup manufacturers and labels? Hardly anyone does it, and even those that do are often pretty obscure about it. I've seen popsicle sticks with more identifying marks on them than many pickups have.

That is funny stuff....but its true, its like "Top Secret Stuff"

Im willing to bet half the Vintage pickups used for test models and replication arnt even known for sure,

ie .....Rock God pickup maker:  Quote: "ahhh...after diassembling his 1959 vintage guitar we then slowly unwrapped the bridge PAF humbucker which revealed to us that it was actually a "Vintage 58" with wooden bobbins only manufactured between 56 and 58 at the Rock God Kalamazoo factory and wound by the Goddess pickup winder Jeanie Bo Bob herself, who is known to have wound the Best Vintage Humbuckers on the planet, and its a well known fact that she only took one break a day between 2 and 3pm for her afternoon snack and then it was back to the winding, which we then replicated by finding a stash of the very same bobbins next to a box of Vintage Magnets in an old abandoned warehouse that we bought at auction and stumbled upon while searching for the lost soul of Jimmy Page himself after hiring a psychic locater who "Led" us to this unparalleled discovery which we now pass on to you, (in series) "the discriminating buyer" at the unbelievably low cost of only $500 bucks for our 100% accurately reproduced and "Blessed" Vintage Wind pickups which we scatter wound blindfolded to yield the same shoddy odd ball charecteristics of that era when only One in 500 pickups actually sounded worth sheet......Thank you very much." :Unquote  .....  lol

lucky13 said:
Im willing to bet half the Vintage pickups used for test models and replication arnt even known for sure

No doubt. And even if they are positively identified, it means little. Those things were all hand-made, and pretty sloppily at that. You manage to magically duplicate one of them and you simply have one of the 53 bajillion variations ever produced. But, the power of suggestion is tremendous. Tell somebody something is a pristine example of something highly desirable, then charge a mint for it, and they'll swear on a stack of Jimi Hendrix's old socks that it's the best thing since naked women.

You are absolutely right, and by the way I have a connection to a guy who has a whole box of Jimi Hendrix old socks and he sells them for $200 bucks a pair for use as Fret Wipes, and I  swear I have heard the most amazing licks coming off the guitars of those guys who have used them to wipe down their fretboards after gigs.

Dont be fooled by imitations these are the Real Deal Sweats used by Jimi during his last tour and have not been washed, so you can be rest assured you are getting genuine Jimi Hendrix Sweat Socks with the Magic intact.

Feel free to send your checks to me and I will forward them to my connection and set up the transaction, and then you'll qualify for my close friend discount of only $175 a pair....just specify if you want the Spalding Striped Socks or just the plain old Dirty White Over the Calf Tube socks.....

Back