New perfect hardtail bridge ordered

Logrinn

Thanks to Fat Pete and Slackjaw I found out about the ABM bridges and naturally had to have a look. What I found there was the kind of bridge that suits me perfectly. This is going on my next build:

3250c_1.jpg

This beauty has the added bonus of having adjustable string spacing! Perfect for
1. when the strings doesn't line up along the neck edges perfectly and, more importantly for me,
2 allowing the strings to be a little more close to each other. 10,5 mm is great, 10,8 and I stumble with my pick when going from string to string. :)

Added bonus: it looks like it has a longer bridge saddle adjustment range for intonation purposes, than the Toronado bridge I was going to use before I ordered this one. Unfortunately it's backordered, but since I haven't ordered the body and neck from Warmoth I figure it won't matter that much if it takes a while for it to arrive.

Oh, another added bonus: it's top loaded as well as string through. :icon_thumright:

Reminds me of the KickAss bass bridge I have.  Unfortunately it wasn't as adjustable for intonation as I would have hoped. As in where the spring meets the post was not as long as I had hoped.

51SFSeBH3dL._SX300_.jpg

Went back to the Omega and BadAss because of that.

badass-badass-ii-439137.jpg

Agree, but the BadAss travels so much further.  I hope your new bridge works well!

I may have to consider one of these bridges on a future build. They look very usable.

*bass...  I have no idea the counterpart for a six string.  (Oh, and they don't make them anymore.  I scored a couple mint in box bridges off ebay recently.)

ghotiphry said:
... I hope your new bridge works well!
I'm sure it will. Will if course post pictures and progress updates as more stuff arrives

Rgand said:
I may have to consider one of these bridges on a future build. They look very usable.

Right? You did have a look around on their web site I presume? Looks like high quality stuff.

Logrinn said:
Rgand said:

Right? You did have a look around on their web site I presume? Looks like high quality stuff.
Yes. I did. They look really well made. I look forward to hearing your experience with one.

ghotiphry said:
*bass...  I have no idea the counterpart for a six string.  (Oh, and they don't make them anymore.  I scored a couple mint in box bridges off ebay recently.)
Good grab, there.

Those look great too. Saddles seem to be side adjustable as well. Not as long intonation adjustment though, but should suffice I would imagine.

Logrinn said:
Thanks to Fat Pete and Slackjaw I found out about the ABM bridges and naturally had to have a look. What I found there was the kind of bridge that suits me perfectly. This is going on my next build:

3250c_1.jpg

This beauty has the added bonus of having adjustable string spacing! Perfect for
1. when the strings doesn't line up along the neck edges perfectly and, more importantly for me,
2 allowing the strings to be a little more close to each other. 10,5 mm is great, 10,8 and I stumble with my pick when going from string to string. :)

Added bonus: it looks like it has a longer bridge saddle adjustment range for intonation purposes, than the Toronado bridge I was going to use before I ordered this one. Unfortunately it's backordered, but since I haven't ordered the body and neck from Warmoth I figure it won't matter that much if it takes a while for it to arrive.

Oh, another added bonus: it's top loaded as well as string through. :icon_thumright:

Reminiscent of the Mann Made USA PRS Hardtail replacement bridges.

stratamania said:
Is there a Warmoth bridge mount that the ABM bridge will fit Logrinn?

This will be going on a Mustang and the hardtail bridge option for that body has string through holes that are spaced the same as on this bridge (or the original one, the Toronado bridge), ie 10,8 mm. I asked and it will be possible for me to get the body with only these holes and no mounting holes.
I will then have to drill the mounting holes myself.
So, no, there's not a bridge mount that will fit per se, but the important thing is that the string through holes line up. The rest is pretty easy to do.

Very nice looking parts. Love to see new designs that make sense. Vintage stuff drives me crazy. Sounds bad, looks bad, doesn't work worth a damn - how are those selling points?

Cagey said:
Very nice looking parts. Love to see new designs that make sense. Vintage stuff drives me crazy. Sounds bad, looks bad, doesn't work worth a damn - how are those selling points?

So true, so true. About the vintage stuff I mean.

I appreciate history as much as anybody, but there's a limit. I don't wanna relive it. As pretty as a '66 Corvette is, I'd much rather suffer with a 2017 model. And while a '61 Strat may be worth a lotta money to some, I'll take a new one of those as well. Preferably one that I've put together, as I do a better job than Fender does. Nothing against Fender, mind you, but I use better parts and finer skills and it costs less  :laughing7:

Logrinn said:
stratamania said:
Is there a Warmoth bridge mount that the ABM bridge will fit Logrinn?

This will be going on a Mustang and the hardtail bridge option for that body has string through holes that are spaced the same as on this bridge (or the original one, the Toronado bridge), ie 10,8 mm. I asked and it will be possible for me to get the body with only these holes and no mounting holes.
I will then have to drill the mounting holes myself.
So, no, there's not a bridge mount that will fit per se, but the important thing is that the string through holes line up. The rest is pretty easy to do.

OK, I see that's worth knowing its a fine looking bridge.

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
Reminiscent of the Mann Made USA PRS Hardtail replacement bridges.

There's another brand I hadn't heard of. Thanks for the info. They look great as well.

Back