Hidden ground wire for Hipshot bass saddles

Chris of Arabia

This would probably only work for laminate topped bass bodies, but I can't help thinking it ought to be possible to route a small channel behind where the Hipshot saddles sit on a bass body. Is that even remotely possible?

OK, yes, it makes sense now.

I would think you could also connect the strings with a thin piece of brass laminated to the headstock-side of a non-brass nut.  Just enough to contact the bottom of all of the strings, maybe.  Or you could run a thin strip of brass along the backside of the headstock that touches all of the tuning machines...

JBD

Another idea, and keep in mind I've not done a single-string bridge before, so I'm just thinkin' outside the box, would be to drill holes from the bridge pickup cavity into the holes that the coupling bolts use.  Drill one hole for each bridge saddle.  Thread some pieces of wire into those holes so that you can catch one end of the wire as you install the coupling bolt and the other end sticks out of the bridge pickup cavity enough to connect them together within the pickup cavity...  Seems like it might work, anyway...

JBD

Back