Hand access in Warmoth LP bodies with contoured heel

Hooligan

How thick is the body/neck -joint in Warmoth LP body with contoured heel and Warmoth Pro Standard Thin neck? I measured my current LP’s from 17th fret and high e-string.

Here are the results:

Gibson Les Paul Custom: 57mm (2.24 in)

LTD EC-1000: 47mm (1.85 in)

I’m not sure about the inches. I used this site to convert millimetres to inches: www.digitaldutch.com/unitconverter/ .

its something like the gibson, but you have to keep in mind: the thickness of the neck+body is not an issue now. With the warmoth les pauls, you can put your thumb much higher on the neck, and there is less wood in the way for your hand.

IMG_2170.jpg

i mean the flat piece where the neck and body attach. I have very big hands, and I can get easily on the higher frets on a les paul, or even a reversed strat (lefty strat, used for a righty player). but my girlfriend, who has 60% of my hands, can't get to the 22nd fret on a gibson, but she can come up to the 24th on a warmoth.

Does that answer your question?

Hooligan said:
How thick is the body/neck -joint in Warmoth LP body with contoured heel and Warmoth Pro Standard Thin neck? I measured my current LP’s from 17th fret and high e-string.

Here are the results:

Gibson Les Paul Custom: 57mm (2.24 in)

LTD EC-1000: 47mm (1.85 in)

I’m not sure about the inches. I used this site to convert millimetres to inches: www.digitaldutch.com/unitconverter/ .

I have both those guitars and a warmoth LP style and the Warmoth is by far the easiest to get up high on the board.
Your ESP is thinner than the Gibson and a Warmoth,  and the ESP has 24 frets but still has a setneck with a beveled back that helps for reach.
But I can still reach all the high frets with my Warmoth easier.
I noticed that I played there more with the Warmoth , maybe becuase it was more relaxed there then on my other axes.

Like to see those LP Fans  :rock-on:

Orpheo said:
dbw said:
How'd you engrave your neck plate?

with my dremel. Its my first engraving ever, so please dont be too harsh on my achievement :D

behalve dat we nu allemaal weten dat je vriendin 14 is... hehe, daar word je aan deze kant van de plas voor opgesloten ;)

m4rk0 said:
Orpheo said:
dbw said:

with my dremel. Its my first engraving ever, so please dont be too harsh on my achievement :D

behalve dat we nu allemaal weten dat je vriendin 14 is... hehe, daar word je aan deze kant van de plas voor opgesloten ;)

haha, in NL is 't minder erg. ze heeft gelogen in 't begin, de trut. maar goed, op gitaarnet is 't niet bekend, daar werd ze door han S en eigenlijk, de rest op de meetings, aangezien als 16, 17, dus dat wil k houden zo ;) (in NL is 't zo dat als de ouders goedkeuring geven, 't geen probleem is. hell, als 't uit zou gaan, dan zouden ze pas uit hun plaat gaan, ghehe)

Orpheo said:
m4rk0 said:
Orpheo said:
dbw said:

hehehe ok, ik weet van niets dan ;)
haha, in NL is 't minder erg. ze heeft gelogen in 't begin, de trut. maar goed, op gitaarnet is 't niet bekend, daar werd ze door han S en eigenlijk, de rest op de meetings, aangezien als 16, 17, dus dat wil k houden zo ;) (in NL is 't zo dat als de ouders goedkeuring geven, 't geen probleem is. hell, als 't uit zou gaan, dan zouden ze pas uit hun plaat gaan, ghehe)

Back