Group Design: Warmoth John 5 Telecaster

Here's an interesting clip that I found with John 5 getting his original signature modded at the fender custom shop.  Has some insight on his ideas on the various models and a little of his playing.

[youtube=425,350]http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=UIzR-JtGdbU[/youtube]

Here's some ideas I came up with.
Hardtail with two Humbuckers
hardtailj5xv5.png

Floyd Rose Tremolo with two Humbusckers
floydj5xb3.png

Bigsby Tremolo with two Humbuckers
bigsbyj5nd6.png

Here's something kind of different, Three chrome P-90's with a Bigsby
3p90j5zb4.png

dexplosion said:
Here's some ideas I came up with.

OK, how did you get those mockups loaded onto here? :icon_scratch:

I'm at a loss as to how it's done......... :sad:

Yeah . . . how'd you do that !?

and ozziepete , I'm at a loss at where to navigate the kisekae site so I can start pressing buttons . Do I need to download
something or . . . I'm lost . or  ?

I'm all ears . and I'd offer you my left *** , but then you would have 3 . :laughing8:

kreig said:
Yeah . . . how'd you do that !?

and ozziepete , I'm at a loss at where to navigate the kisekae site so I can start pressing buttons . Do I need to download
something or . . . I'm lost . or  ?

I'm all ears . and I'd offer you my left *** , but then you would have 3 . :laughing8:

I'd rather have some decent ears, tbh!  :headbang1:

I just checked and you seem to go to the TCT site on first hit. Look for the link to the Kisekae site on the webpage (about halfway down on the left hand side of the webpage).

When you go to the Kisekae site, there's some images of various models of guitars.

Click on, for example, the Telecaster. It then goes to that program, takes awhile to load, but try to be patient. Below the image that loads is a menu. Click on the Body tab. It loads all the options for the body (routs, colours, binding etc.). On the bottom right will be the colour menu. Click the upper layer section at the top of that colour chart. Then select the colour by clicking on the colour sample below. The body will change from bare wood to the colour you have selected. Try with solid colours first then experiment with bursts and transparent colours.
Onto the bridge you can select hardtail or trem. Click the Bridge tab, the options load. Click on, say, the Bigsby trem, and it will appear on the background near the body. Click on and hold and drag onto the body where you want it put. Then release. If it's not what you want,drag the image over to the edge of the background, then right click (I think?) and it will disappear. Same applies for the Pickups, Neck and Controls tabs.
In the end, you wind up with a guitar resembling what you want.

Best of luck.

To load it onto the site, here's what I did:
Hit Print Screen on the keyboard (PrtScrn)
Pasted into MS Paint and cropped the picture
Then just hosted the file on ImageShack

you have to do a screen shot and edit it in paint or other photo editing software.

to do a screen shot press the PrtScn key and past it into your desired program

as for the mocks
http://www.nymphusa.com/kisekae/kisekaeE1.asp

If anyone is looking for me  , I'll be over here for DAYS . . .

I can create in minutes , what has taken me HOURS, over here . It's a massive ORG* over here .

Disclaimer should read : 1. You are dead now and have entered into "guitar builders heaven"
                                          2. You will be eternally damned once you hear the door behind you shut .
                                          3. If you suffer an enlarged appendage for greater than 24 hours , see your doctor .
                                          4. The side effects may cause sleeplessness, excessive sweating, loss of conscienceness, even madness .  :headbang1:

Back