Gotoh tuners in Planet Waves 13/32" tuner ream?

uksaint7

Hi all- I just ordered a Showcase neck with the Planet Waves 13/32" tuner ream. For a number of reasons (cost, also it is a right-hand reverse neck so availability too) it would work better for me if I could use some Gotoh tuners, most likely the SG381. I know the size is not exactly right, I was just wondering if anybody had any experience of using Gotoh tuners in a Planet Waves reamed neck? Thanks!

Always used planet wave Tuners in planet wave holes. Did you call warmoth? Exactly what tuners are you using? Do you need a step up?

Last edited:
No I just ordered a Showcase neck that already had the Planet Waves tuner ream and was looking around at what tuners to buy. It needs left-hand tuners so that narrows down my options somewhat, the Gotoh tuners are great value and I can't even find left handed Planet Waves ones.

Thanks for your replies guys. I think D'Addario have changed the spec of their tuners, on their website there are no longer the right sided models listed and the left sided tuners are now quoted as requiring a "diameter of tuning post 0.375””.

I contacted Warmoth after my original post and they advised against the Gotohs for the stepped ream reason, instead they are going to check the suitability of my neck (it hasn't shipped yet) with some Sperzels or Schallers.

Lifted this off the sweetwater website. So it looks like they did change the dimensions of the tuners. Seems like everyone is converging on the 10mm hole, which now puts hipshots into the mix.

0.375" (peg), 0.390" (10mm peg hole)

As the Gotoh is a Japanese product it’s a metric 10.0mm size as well. That’s why I choose the 25/64 schaller spec bore when installing the SG381. As explained on the linked thread above, there are no current tuners that properly fit a 10.3mm bore.

Back