Go International!

Expand or Stay

• Expand

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Stay

Votes: 10 76.9%

• Total voters

Wana_make_a_guitar

I reckon Warmoth should go all out, and expand to Australia, or other places. This is basically just because i want them here, but i'm sure there would be hundreds, or thousands of Aussies who'd love to buy Warmoth products.

What'd you guys reckon?

I'm not too sure I know what you mean.  You do know that Warmoth is a factory and not a retail store? 

Wana_make_a_guitar said:
Yeah.

Make another factory in Aus. Or other places.

I will stop buying W products if they become international and start mass production.

That's all that we'd need. Another American company going abroad.  Before you know it they'd be churning out mass produced pieces of crap.  Every body & neck would look the same and all of the "custom" feel of these instruments would be lost.
It drives me crazy to have to wait a few months for my instrument to be built the exact way that I want it.  But, I am sure from all of the pictures that I've seen on this site, that the wait is definately worth it. 

Um, Australians and others can ALREADY order Warmoth parts - what's the point of this idea? We're talking about a fairly small operation here, outsourcing would surely be more of a pain than it's worth, and with the weak dollar, I'll bet Warmoth products are looking cheaper and cheaper to the non-US crew. nagannnahappen.

Obviously this isn't going to happen, but I'm sure everyone here would love to have a Warmoth Factory down the street where you could go in and shoot the shit with Gregg and pick out the exact piece of wood you'd like (think unique choice in person for every piece of wood). Of course the dream would be inevitably shattered because (as many have expressed) by putting a factory on every corner they would either go out of business or have to turn out a billion necks a year that would all look the same and would loose the Warmoth Magic that we all love.

But I, for one, will continue to dream :)

The suggestion could never come to fruition but it is still nice to think about

I'm sure many folk think it's a huuuuuge factory, in truth, it's 50 employee's + machinery + lot's of wood storage in an 8000 square foot building on less than an acre, which makes for limited parking.  It's basically a glorified barn with a mailbox out in the front, but the magic is inside.

Get the address from the Warmoth website, go to Google Maps, and zoom in on the satellite view. I think a lot of folks here will be stunned when they see how small the place is. It's called a "factory" in function only. Someone there is obviously a genius at maximizing space!

Mr Squirrel is spot on. I was lucky enough to be invited to experience some of that magic when I visited recently. The vibe around the place is dynamic and everybody is really into their job. The team fits together like the parts do.. you can't get that magic in a world-wide corporation.
2579255882_87438c98f9_m.jpg

It ain't broken, so it don't need fixin'.. :hello2:​

Besides, wouldn't it be weird to have a "Gregg" in every country?  :icon_jokercolor:

It would probably be a Gregg with an Indian accent! ;)

Great idea! move production to China and Sales/Customer Service to India!
that should save some money.

Marko said:
It would probably be a Gregg with an Indian accent! ;)

Great idea! move production to China and Sales/Customer Service to India!
that should save some money.

Production line to Brazil!!!!  :blob7: :cool01:

I have bought a few Warmoth bodies & necks internationally (I live in the UK) and it is no trouble at all. The only downside is the tax & custom duties imposed on imports into the UK, but this would still be the case if Warmoth had a distribution company in the UK and they would add their mark up too. I don't buy Warmoth stuff because of the price or convenience, I buy it 'cause it's the best. There is nobody in the UK that can match their quality or choice.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=6424+112th+Street+East+Puyallup,+WA+98373-4313+USA&ie=UTF8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ll=47.154494,-122.343289&spn=0.001335,0.00235&t=k&z=19

Back