GILMOUR STRATOCASTER

Jesus people!  Instead of me hi-jacking this thread, this was supposes to be about this Strat.  It's beautiful.  The flame on the neck is ridiculous.  No, it's not too complicated for me.  I'm a big fan of Gilmour's work and am very familiar with his rig.  All I was saying is that putting a black pickguard on a black Strat with maple fretboard is too easy.  There's so much more to DG's Strat than that.  If I put a black pickguard on any black strat with maple fretboard and white controls, it would look Gilmourish.  If Clapton put a black pickguard on "Blackie" it would look Gilmourish.

I used to play "Money" all the time in a bar band, but I'm not sure if we had the right alarm clock... what did Gilmour use? It really makes the song.... :eek:ccasion14:

P.S. (Gilmour says that he didn't want his Fender Siggy models to be over-priced Custom Shop guitars that no ordinary working guy could afford, so you can get the N.O.S. one for $3,999, and the relic'd one for only $4,799.) :laughing3:

stubhead said:
I used to play "Money" all the time in a bar band, but I'm not sure if we had the right alarm clock... what did Gilmour use? It really makes the song.... :eek:ccasion14:

The guys I played with back 20 years or so ago would  play "Time"; the drummer had on old school bell, like you'd mount on a wall, and had it mounted on a frame and would do a drum roll on the bell to start the song off. Sounded great. The thing was enormous and weighed a ton though.

And more on point, the guitar looks awesome.

-erik

I see it says Fender on the headstock, where did you get that and is it a sticker? Is it on top of the finish?

I always loved Gilmours black one, you did a nice job.  that flame is gorgeous.  I agree about the short arm trem bar, just for the Gilmour coolness factor.

1jimbo said:
I see it says Fender on the headstock, where did you get that and is it a sticker? Is it on top of the finish?

Got it from here http://www.thedecalshop.co.uk/
A bit lazy i'm afraid and couldn't be arsed to get it sprayed over/laquered rubbed down etc....Just wanted to play the thing, at the end of the day if it falls off i'll buy another sticker.

Hi

You have a beautiful guitar!

Where did you find the Fender decal logo?  I would like to have one for my Warmoth bass.

Thanks! :rock-on:

www.thedecalshop.co.uk

loads of 50's, 60's & 70 style ones. He charges about £ 20 each for them

Hope this helps, Alistair

Superlizard said:
Callaham sells a shortie Gilmour arm (the really short one), but don't know if it'll fit or not.  If you get the trem block as well, it certainly will fit.

I bought the Gimour short trem arm from Callaham. You can get it threaded to fit a standard fender trem block or a "virtual pop-in" that will only work with a callaham block. I got the standard fender one. LOVE IT.

Fantastic guitar. I too am a huge Floyd and Gilmour fanboy. You missed the mini-toggle switch though. :p

Back