GILMOUR STRATOCASTER

probot

This has been my main guitar for the last month since building it. It's all Warmoth hardware except for the pickups which are Kinman Woodstock Plus's with the K9 harness (Tone #2 acts as volume for the neck pickup so it can be brought in irrespective of the selectors position)
Body is alder and the neck is a PRO in standard thin with compound radius and sweet flame. Can't say any more except this is a seriously good guitar - the neck is amazing in feel, wouldn't ever buy another stock Fender again.

GilmourStrat-1.jpg

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
Classy look but what's "David Gilmour" about it?

For crying out loud! Not another Jaco Inspiredesque thread! :icon_biggrin:

I think the Gilmour influence is clear. Early Floyd pics often featured the great man with a black strat with white pickups/controls.

Wonderful looking guitar,

Nice man, that's definitely something I'd want to build!

Classy look but what's "David Gilmour" about it?
http://www.gilmourish.com/?page_id=66

This neck was a custom order or showcase pieces? How many A's they wrote on the bill? Love it!
I just got the Live at Royal Albert Hall dvd, so I pretty much like this guitar!

Soloshchenko said:

lol.  No, no this isn't another one of those.  That's a beautiful piece, but just the addition of the black pickguard makes it Gilmour-ish? 

Soloshchenko said:

... but just the addition of the black pickguard makes it Gilmour-ish?   
And the black body+white plastic+maple neck/fretboard.

Soloshchenko said:

lol.  No, no this isn't another one of those.  That's a beautiful piece, but just the addition of the black pickguard makes it Gilmour-ish?  

? Are you serious? He has a strat exactly like that...

Kostas said:

Can't really count the white plastic for the controls and pickup covers, 99.99% of Strats have that as the default color.  And a maple fretboard on a Stratocaster, what are the odds?  David Gilmour put a black pickguard on a factory colored Strat.

I second cutting the trem arm. (Or otherwise getting a short one.)

Callaham sells a shortie Gilmour arm (the really short one), but don't know if it'll fit or not.  If you get the trem block as well, it certainly will fit.

Kostas said:

Can't really count the white plastic for the controls and pickup covers, 99.99% of Strats have that as the default color.  And a maple fretboard on a Stratocaster, what are the odds?  David Gilmour put a black pickguard on a factory colored Strat.

In case this is too complicated for you... the guitar of this thread is inspired by Gilmour's strat and is similar in appearance with Gilmour's strat. Your comments have no meaning especially for the person who turned these parts into a guitar he likes.

Kostas said:
Kostas said:

In case this is too complicated for you... the guitar of this thread is inspired by Gilmour's strat and is similar in appearance with Gilmour's strat. Your comments have no meaning especially for the person who turned these parts into a guitar he likes.

Maybe he want's him to put a floyd on it  :laughing7:

Back