Gibson scale conversion neck.

I had one coversion neck from warmoth and had no problem intonating.  Beautiful really ... Only problem was my dedos needed more space.  But that was my genetic problem, not a problem with the neck.

DMRACO said:
just curious when placing a bridge on a 24.75 scale neck, or any other neck for that matter.  When using a strat style bridge, what process does everyone use?

I usually set all the saddles in the middle of their adjustment range, measure the scale from the nut and place the bridge appropriately with the saddles on that measurement. 

I figure the high E will have to be moved a bit closer to the nut while the low E will be moved towards the bridge.  What is everyone else doing for builds that don't have the bridge holes pre-drilled??
Did this on the 1st one and slightly tapered down to low E on the others. E and B are fairly in the same spot on all of mine.

DMRACO said:
just curious when placing a bridge on a 24.75 scale neck, or any other neck for that matter.  When using a strat style bridge, what process does everyone use?

I usually set all the saddles in the middle of their adjustment range, measure the scale from the nut and place the bridge appropriately with the saddles on that measurement. 

I figure the high E will have to be moved a bit closer to the nut while the low E will be moved towards the bridge.  What is everyone else doing for builds that don't have the bridge holes pre-drilled??
For any 6 saddle bridge I start with:
E and g I start with 7/8 back.  A and b I startin the middle.  G and e I start 7/8 forward.

DMRACO said:
I've seen recommendations somewhere that the high side should be 0 - 1/8" further back, and the low side 1/8 - 1/4" further back than the theoretical scale length

Back