24 fret reposition with Gibson conversion neck (Soloist body)

J.D.ROOST

I am looking to bolt my conversion neck onto a Soloist body. Was disappointed to see you cant get an S body with a top boat route (was just going to make a pickguard). I currently have a Lonestar Strat with H.s.s. configuration but would like to do a H.S.H. build for the Soloist body. Does anyone know if I need to do the 24 fret neck pickup reposition with a conversion neck on this body because of the neck overhang?

If it is a 24 fret 24 3/4" conversion neck it would need the 24 fret neck pickup reposition. A 22 fret conversion would not.

stratamania said:
If it is a 24 fret 24 3/4" conversion neck it would need the 24 fret neck pickup reposition. A 22 fret conversion would not.

I did not even know they had a 24 fret conversion neck.
Appreciate it.

J.D.ROOST said:
I am looking to bolt my conversion neck onto a Soloist body. Was disappointed to see you cant get an S body with a top boat route (was just going to make a pickguard). I currently have a Lonestar Strat with H.s.s. configuration but would like to do a H.S.H. build for the Soloist body. Does anyone know if I need to do the 24 fret neck pickup reposition with a conversion neck on this body because of the neck overhang?
Not sure I understand.  You have a conversion neck.  From the title it suggests it’s 24 frets.  You say you want to “bolt” to your soloist body.

Then you switch gears and talk about a “boat” route for a Strat. I imagine you mean pool route. 

“Bolt” the neck you have to the body you have.  As far as pool routes, they may be off menu, but I can assure you they do it.

A neck pickup reposition only needs to be done if you order a 24 fret neck.

You mention you have a conversion neck, but never reference the important  info of: is it 24 fret or not?

J.D.ROOST said:
stratamania said:

I did not even know they had a 24 fret conversion neck.
Appreciate it.

I did not say that Warmoth offer a 24 fret 24 3/4" conversion neck or know where or if you planned to get a 24 fret conversion neck from.

But my answer was to provide in what cases theoretically a 24 fret reposition would be required as your question was somewhat unclear in what was being asked.

So in summary a 22 fret Warmoth 24 3/4" neck on a Soloist body does not require a 24 fret pickup reposition for the neck pickup.

https://warmoth.com/guitar-neck-scale-conversion

TBurst Std said:
J.D.ROOST said:
Not sure I understand.  You have a conversion neck.  From the title it suggests it’s 24 frets.  You say you want to “bolt” to your soloist body.

Then you switch gears and talk about a “boat” route for a Strat. I imagine you mean pool route. 

“Bolt” the neck you have to the body you have.  As far as pool routes, they may be off menu, but I can assure you they do it.

A neck pickup reposition only needs to be done if you order a 24 fret neck.

You mention you have a conversion neck, but never reference the important  info of: is it 24 fret or not?
I currently own a Warmoth Gibson scale conversion neck (22 frets).
Was not super familiar with the Soloist body and pickup routing options and was concerned about the overhang tang.
My Lonestar is actually the big open route (looks like it's called swimming pool not boat).
All good have a used Soloist body on the way.
Sorry for any confusion.

Back