Truss rod Cover for Stratocaster Tiltback / GIBSON SCALE CONVERSION NECK.

petriw

Hello All. Im looking for ideas about whether I should bother with a truss rod cover or not on this particular neck? To me it looks unfinished without a cover but most of the covers out there are for 3 X 3 tuners. I have tried a few of the ones I have laying about here and they just don't look right?? If any of have an ide or 2 please toss it my way.

:bananaguitar:

Attachments

• TILTBACK.jpg
    TILTBACK.jpg
    383.7 KB · Views: 53
I've made my own out of scrap maple. Plastic from Philly luthiers. Most recently bought one from Thalia capos.  You got options.

I also have tiltback 24.75" scale Strat neck.  Curious to see what you come up with.

On my 24.75 tiltback neck, I used a piece of scrap maple, sanded it perfectly.  Sold the neck (along with the truss rod cover), my fingers are too big.  Unfortunately, got no pictures.

I always put a wood truss rod cover on mine (though I no longer have any of the tiltback 3x3 necks).
https://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=30366.0

I use PRS USA-compatible that I now make myself with a mini CNC (I was making them by hand before and it's do-able but time consuming and nowhere as perfect shape-wise). It does require not having drilled the headstock for Warmoth's TRC though:
https://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=31683.0

At the moment the only ones that I have ready to go are made with curly maple, ziricote, and wenge. But doing a rosewood one would be relatively quick if that's something you are interested in.

petriw said:
Hello All. Im looking for ideas about whether I should bother with a truss rod cover or not on this particular neck? To me it looks unfinished without a cover but most of the covers out there are for 3 X 3 tuners. I have tried a few of the ones I have laying about here and they just don't look right?? If any of have an ide or 2 please toss it my way.

:bananaguitar:

Just curious: didn't you get a truss rod cover and screws with your neck? I think the Warmoth-provided cover looks decent, though i don't plan to install any cover.

Back