Gibby EB somethin' or other - ID and Restore

LeeSkelly

So i saved this thing from the landfill as mentioned earlier and it's been sitting in a gig bag just about as i got it for 6 or 7 years. no back plate, needs a new nut some cracks filled and whole bunch of other stuff. I don't even know what it is to be honest . Any help or ideas as to what it is first. and how to make it playable and stable second.

last set: any help in IDing the thing and repairing (through warmoth of course) would be greatly appreciated.

Not that I can find. wait a minute, now i feel like fool on the headstock, partially obscured is "559844" there's a bit of a gash through it. I'd always missed that thing. i swear i've looked at it a hundred times and never seen that.
I thought the EB-Os had a slotted headstock.

LeeSkelly said:
I thought the EB-Os had a slotted headstock.

Not necessarily - they shipped in either configuration.  Single pickup is another clue that it's an EB-0.

Pretty nice Bass actually - you say you pulled it out of the garbage???

yeah pretty much, back when i was ,uh, less civilized I had a mandatory restitution to fulfill.. which included emptying out a whole bunch of abandoned/condemned warehouses. I come down with a load of stuff over my shoulder, and see this other guy about to chuck a cheap hardcase into the back of the dump truck we were willing. I had him hold up for a second becuase I needed a case for my acoustic. But that bass was in there, long story short, after a bit of wrangling with the boss I got to bring it home with me.

i just realized. this shouldn't be here. I got excited about the project and posted in the wrong place.
I'd like to draw on the expertise of the folks here on repairing this thing, but this section is for warmoth basses only.. So where should i move it? :icon_scratch:
Im sorry folks .
i'm real dumb at times and following directions is something i'm not real good at.

BTW, there's a '69 EB-0 on ebay right now that looks pretty similar to yours.  They want $1000 for it....

LeeSkelly said:
i just realized. this shouldn't be here. I got excited about the project and posted in the wrong place.
I'd like to draw on the expertise of the folks here on repairing this thing, but this section is for warmoth basses only.. So where should i move it? :icon_scratch:
Im sorry folks .
i'm real dumb at times and following directions is something i'm not real good at.

Report the thread to moderator and Gregg will move it to where it needs to go

Back