GENERAL GUIDELINES REMINDER

Wyliee

To all -

We are seeing an increase in political rants encroaching on our discussion threads.  This is not what UnofficialWarmoth is about.  Please take a moment to review our general guidelines, http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=3.0.  If you have questions regarding these policies, feel free to PM the admins.

Gregg and I have tried to give everyone room to speak freely and honestly, even when there have been comments we have not entirely agreed with.  However, common courtesy and respect for other board members IS expected; even when we disagree.

Thanks and -  :rock-on:

Ive noticed hardly anyone pays attention to, and/or gives any regard to the no profanity request. Id be nice to see a crackdown on that too

JohninSC said:
Ive noticed hardly anyone pays attention to, and/or gives any regard to the no profanity request. Id be nice to see a crackdown on that too

+1 That bothers me sometimes as well.

And thanks for that Wyliee

Tempest said:
JohninSC said:

+1 That bothers me sometimes as well.

And thanks for that Wyliee

Agreed all around.  There should be a profanity filter that's not too difficult to set up as well.

-Mark

"Profanity" has never bothered me, and this forum is very restrictive when it comes to using it. Something similar to that idiotic tv/radio "beep" would cause me to leave this forum much sooner than any political discussion. What does bother me is the arrogant attitude and lack of civility in those discussions. I wanted them to be allowed when we took the vote, but I've changed my mind with the latest outbreak: clearly not everyone can handle showing common courtesy.

Max said:
Yes, Marko. Really.

You may be quick, but I may be quicker!

That's what she said.

And this is totally the appropriate thread for this... I think the forum will make it :)

kboman said:
"Profanity" has never bothered me, and this forum is very restrictive when it comes to using it. Something similar to that idiotic tv/radio "beep" would cause me to leave this forum much sooner than any political discussion. What does bother me is the arrogant attitude and lack of civility in those discussions. I wanted them to be allowed when we took the vote, but I've changed my mind with the latest outbreak: clearly not everyone can handle showing common courtesy.

I tend to agree with you kboman!  :headbang:
I am fairly new to the forum, but I have not witnessed a great deal of profanity.  What I have seen along the lines of profanity is more kiddie profanity, and I do not find it greatly disturbing.  After all, for the most part, we are a group of adults.  What I do find more disturbing is the outright lack of respect for fellow Warmother's that some posters have demonstrated regarding others opinions.  If I have a build that you don't like, you certainly have the right to give your opinion.  However, I am the only one paying for the project; therefore, the only one that needs to be satisfied with it.  Please respect my individuality!!!  If you are so unsatisfied with my project that you feel it necessary to rant on and on about its downfalls, maybe you should help fund my project to make it successful.  If not, it might be appropriate to keep your opinion to yourself!  It all comes down to treating each other with respect and dignity...  That being said; this is just my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions...

This is a fantastic forum and I want everyone to  :rock-on:   

Oh yea...
I forgot to mention...
Ice cream is wonderful... :toothy12:  :laughing8: :toothy12:
:rock-on:

Back