A thought,,,,higher count posters please read

BroccoliRob said:
she had double majored in American history and computer science, so she knows everything from USA to USB.

OK, this one caused a literal lol... 

But in all seriousness, in other forums, I have seen administrators being quite stringent on referring to pinned posts/official resources and then shutting posts down. However, I think this might clash with the culture of this forum.

FWIW - I am one of the people who got into guitar building during the pandemic (which coincided with a break-up in my case). Having started from 0 in early 2020, I can attest that available information is very scattered but also very available. Maybe we could point people to certain to dos/resources before engaging. For example, Brad Angove is a guy who does loads of videos on finishing guitars. Seymour Duncan's website has an insane amount of insights on electronics. Let alone warmoth.com...

However, I don't want to chip in too much because a) I am not a high-count poster, b) I have way too much respect for the craftsmanship of high-count posters and c) I might have jumped the gun myself here and there when I got tired of reading the 500th off-topic response on TDPRI.

Bro you dont become a high-count poster by not posting. also the numbers are not important if u are trying to be a chill bro, which u are

Like my dad used to tell me every morning 'you may b trash, but its better to be a trash can than a trash can't"

Well all this post was to see is if they are some more senior members that would be interested in helping moderate a potential sub forum that could serve our newer members.
It seems iffy.  Not because they wouldn’t be willing to do it, but because it would be under utilized by the intended audience.
No perfect men, just perfect intentions.

We can call this thread closed.

I think anybody committed to the task without cutting corners already has all the resources they need between Warmoth, this forum, YouTube and other sources. If anything a one-post resource guide with a bunch of solid links and call it a day. Guitar work definitely requires some problem-solving skills and patience, no matter how thorough you’d try to be covering anything it would never be enough.

Plus, for my part, if you’re good at something and want to show other folks how it’s done, YouTube is usually the way to go for any of a half-dozen good reasons.

TBurst Std said:
We seem to have had an influx of newer people who ask valid questions, but maybe not in the way we expect. At times, we have also had requests for comments on selections, choices, how to's from these folk.

How about we setup a new sub-forum, maybe titled Resources. The intent for the general user of that sub-forum is that it would be read only.

What you're asking for is essentially a book version of this forum. Nice thing about the forum is while this one has been here long enough to have a lotta info already presented, it's also real-time. You can ask a very specific question and get an answer fairly quickly. Where it starts to fall down is when repetitive questions are asked, to the point where responses may not be forthcoming because the questions have already been repeatedly addressed. If folks won't search for an answer, it doesn't matter how it's presented - the answer is forever buried. If one were starting from scratch and there were editors involved to maintain it, a thorough index with lotsa hyperlinks would be great, but that may be a bit much to bite off now.

Speaking writing a book... Erlewine is entertaining and knowledgeable. But that book should've left the stories out. Every time I pull it out I'm like Gahh.. yes its a neat story, just tell me the nut slot bottom height for a fretless bass!! Granted the book would be about 25 pages, and that might be a hard sell, but at least he could've put the stories at the front of the chapter and the reference at the end

swarfrat said:
Speaking writing a book... Erlewine is entertaining and knowledgeable. But that book should've left the stories out. Every time I pull it out I'm like Gahh.. yes its a neat story, just tell me the nut slot bottom height for a fretless bass!! Granted the book would be about 25 pages, and that might be a hard sell, but at least he could've put the stories at the front of the chapter and the reference at the end

That's also a trend in cookbooks and online recipes.
Long story about someone's trip to Myanmar and finding enlightenment in a bowl of rice. Or about Sunday afternoons with grandma. I don't care.
Need to scroll down like crazy just to find the ingredient list.

Seamas said:
swarfrat said:

That's also a trend in cookbooks and online recipes.
Long story about someone's trip to Myanmar and finding enlightenment in a bowl of rice. Or about Sunday afternoons with grandma. I don't care.
Need to scroll down like crazy just to find the ingredient list.

justtherecipe.app

Copy the URL of the food blogger's recipe and paste it into the input box.  Boom.  Recipe without the amateur photography and the 700-word preamble.

For actual food recipes I think I might go find a vintage Rolodex on ebay. At least that way I'm not using a touch screen while preparing food.  :sad: :tard: :confused4:

BroccoliRob said:
...she had double majored in American history and computer science, so she knows everything from USA to USB. We first met at a protest at my college (well... a college), when she asked me what i thought about women's rights and i told her "it's better than women's wrongs" and she laughed and we made out.

i think she loved that movie char (short for character) more than me, which is probably why we broke up. but also because she thought i was a juggalo even tho i kept explaining that not all clown posses are insane, we were just a chill group of Bros who liked to wear novelty size shoes and rainbow wigs sometimes. It's not like we got into anything weird. Anyway sometimes I #reminiscence (that means think of something in the past fondly while in the present) about her even though it was never gonna work. Anyway I thought the movie was a little unrealistic

I literally LOL'ed until I weezed.

Well done bro! (That's short for Broccoli.)

Back