GAS Alert!!!!

It'd be cool to snag one of those "faces" quilt bodies before the finish goes in, and dye in the figure you want to highlight before finishing the rest. Great Ape cheats by drawing in his own lines.

swarfrat said:
It'd be cool to snag one of those "faces" quilt bodies before the finish goes in, and dye in the figure you want to highlight before finishing the rest. Great Ape cheats by drawing in his own lines.
oJcgY34.jpg

Glimmer said:
You gonna do another one?! (If so, I'm kinda partial to the first of the two...  :glasses10:)

GAS knows no limits.  Seriously, I don't know, but probably eventually, ya know...  Maybe I could get away with a replacement neck on my MIM Fender jazz?  I think it would go nicely with Fender's 3-color burst.  Of course then I need to replace the stock pickups.  And I do have an extra bridge laying about.  While I'm at it, David at Audere does such a nice job with his noise cancelling packages, I should probably pop one of those under the hood.

Right about now my wife would say "just walk away and no one gets hurt."  :cool01:  I think I've pushed it to the limit for now.  Look but don't touch, isn't that the way it's supposed to work?

I like the figuring in the first one, but the second one just has this regal straight grain and rich color.

I like the fret board on the lower one but prefer the grain in the headstock on the top one. Either one will look great so just grab one (or both). :icon_thumright:

If it were my choice I'd go with the top neck. I prefer that type of figuring.
Just looking at them makes me want to pick up my Rosewood/Rosewood bass now!

I had a look around at the Warmoth site but couldn't find it. Could it be that they've placed it at the wrong place, among basses?

Back