GAS Alert!!!!

Bagman67 said:
Welp, I believe I finally have the fire lit under my @ss to get moving on my baritone tele project.  I played this Squier at a shop in Santa Cruz this weekend and now I am rarin' to get my own bari in my hands.

27024552336_cd241f0821_c.jpg

Bagman?  That pics not a standard squier model, is it?  I don't recognize the hardware or pickups, but they sure don't look Fender stock.  Not to mention the MoP inlays.  Then again, a quick google says I'm wrong.  Looks custom to my untrained eye.

Helluva price on those things, too ($449). I'd have to change the neck and tuners, but otherwise it looks great.

It's an off-the-shelf unit in their "Vintage Modified" line.  Put "squier jazzmaster baritone antigua" into your Googlebox and you'll find them all over the place at $449 USD.

Bagman67 said:
It's an off-the-shelf unit in their "Vintage Modified" line.  Put "squier jazzmaster baritone antigua" into your Googlebox and you'll find them all over the place at $449 USD.

That's indeed a sharp looking Jazzmaster, I actually like the antiqua colour. I remember back in the 70s when I bought my first strat there was an antiqua strat in the shop which I was told was a new colour that I liked the look of. In the end I went for natural ash.

Anyway back to Jazzmasters, while I appreciate a lot of the builds forum members have done very well I'm not a huge fan of the shape and bridge, controls and so on. But that Squier actually somehow with the simple controls looks right somehow.

stratamania said:
Anyway back to Jazzmasters, while I appreciate a lot of the builds forum members have done very well I'm not a huge fan of the shape and bridge, controls and so on...

But we still love you all the same. :glasses10:

Glimmer said:
stratamania said:
Anyway back to Jazzmasters, while I appreciate a lot of the builds forum members have done very well I'm not a huge fan of the shape and bridge, controls and so on...

But we still love you all the same. :glasses10:

I'm touched  :glasses9:

Well, this guy is the first thing to come along that has truly tempted me to commit a financial indiscretion, because it's so damn cheap and attractive (let's leave my ex-wife out of this, okay)?

Flamey goodness at only $165!  Someone do me a favor and snap it up.  Otherwise I'll be having a conversation soon with my wife about where $210 (with nut and stainless frets) went.  And I won't much enjoy that conversation.

TN8805A.jpg

TN8805B.jpg

TN8805C.jpg

Wrap it up pretty and give it to her as a gift. When she gets pissed at your thoughtlessness and insensitivity, then you can play the injured party  :icon_biggrin:

There's a reason I don't listen to parenting advice from folks who have no children and husband-ing advice from dudes who are pretty clear they are done with married life.  Don't get me wrong - I like the idea in theory, but many a theory has been dashed on the jagged rocks of practice.

Bagman67 said:
There's a reason I don't listen to parenting advice from folks who have no children and husband-ing advice from dudes who are pretty clear they are done with married life.  Don't get me wrong - I like the idea in theory, but many a theory has been dashed on the jagged rocks of practice.

I've still got a body and neck stashed away in my office that I haven't been able to tell my wife about yet.  :binkybaby:

I have so many guitar now, she can't keep track of when I get new ones.  The conversation usually goes like this:

"That's a pretty guitar - when did you get that?"

"I don't know.  I've had it for a while."

Which is true.  I can't remember when I get them.  Also, how long is "a while"?  The only time a got busted is when I picked up a Taylor 514CE Fall Limited Edition.  It was pretty hard to mask that outlay of cash.

Well, It's very early days, but I've just bought a set of 12 string guitar strings. That means I HAVE to build that 12" F*nderish thingy, split jazz master body with 'Smurft hat' neck, probably in Burgundy mist, with Curtis Novak pickups.

I don't want too, but I have to now, don't I?

I like the way many of you think: "Hey, I just bought this cool guitar pick. Guess I'm just going to have to get a ’58 Les Paul and a Marshall stack to go with it. If not, what is that roadie I've just hired gonna carry?"

Glimmer said:
I like the way many of you think: "Hey, I just bought this cool guitar pick. Guess I'm just going to have to get a ’58 Les Paul and a Marshall stack to go with it. If not, what is that roadie I've just hired gonna carry?"

Are you saying there is something wrong with this line of thought?  I hope not, because otherwise I have a set of custom knobs that I am going to have to sell quick before I start a build...
:rock-on:

C'mon, now--'fess up you guys: who among you has NOT started a new build because of an extra pickguard you had sitting around? Or a set of tuners...or-well, I know you know what I'm talkin' about. 

I just can't seem to get the number of pickguard screws to come out even after a build...

Back