GAS Alert!!!!

Logrinn said:
DangerousR6 said:
I forget about 7 strings, don't see the need...

Me neither ...

I find six strings enough to worry about.

More than enough. Which is the real reason why I'm mainly a bass player - never figured out how you're suppposed to operate
six strings with only five fingers. Which, in my case are all thumbs...

Cool looking wannabe bass. I was intrigued by the idea of 7 or 8 strings with a smaller than 4ths regular tuning interval, but 1) my brain can't handle other intervals, and 2) when tuned to thirds, you really only get one reachable inversion within position, so its actually less interesting IMHO.  Still, it was an interesting idea

nullref said:
2 piece Rosewood tele with a Maple lam accent...  If only I had known that was an option!

t4992E.jpg

For a moment I got excited because I saw the lighter-colored rosewood half and thought that was an edge bevel! Was wondering if I missed the memo on some new option  :doh:

mero said:
nullref said:
2 piece Rosewood tele with a Maple lam accent...  If only I had known that was an option!

t4992E.jpg

For a moment I got excited because I saw the lighter-colored rosewood half and thought that was an edge bevel! Was wondering if I missed the memo on some new option  :doh:
optical illusion...they reel you in with trickery.... :toothy12:

ByteFrenzy said:
Logrinn said:
DangerousR6 said:

Me neither ...

More than enough. Which is the real reason why I'm mainly a bass player - never figured out how you're suppposed to operate
What about 5 string basses... :laughing7:

5 is not excessive.  I'm pondering a 6 and have absolutely no use for a 6th string, but the string spacing and configuration I want is on sale at Rondo for dirt cheap. If it were a 5 I would a snagged one already.

DangerousR6 said:
ByteFrenzy said:
Logrinn said:
DangerousR6 said:

Me neither ...

What about 5 string basses... :laughing7:

It's the conspiracy of evil guitarists trying to confuse us bass players...

ghotiphry said:
ghotiphry said:
I like this sooo much, i'm seriously considering it.  Pau ferro on pau ferro.  Lined fretless.
Celebrating 400 pages of GAS.  After getting to the checkout screen multiple times and backing down, I bought this.  I didn't do fretless, I chickened out on that one.

Back